Halls vs Knoxville Central

medman

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah biggsexxy who know I am rooting for Halls and also for some of the boys at Central.Will see you Fri.nite.I don't think Halls fans have conceded this game I think these teams respect each other.Robpride it looks as Powell has more Central boys that Central has Halls boys.Just name the starters for Central that would have gone to Halls.Remember Central's season starts this week.Remember who Central has played.I still say this is going to be a very good game.GO HALLS!!!

I just love it when someone gets on here and runs down the O line.  I guess all those yards and points come by accident.

825381552[/snapback]

The way it looks with centrals skilled positions you dont need much of an o line with #2 #32 and #1 running around making big plays. Back to the o line #57 #51 and #77 its like they watned mccaulies d line to look like super stars when they played here. :D

If you watched the tape of the Central/McCallie game, you will see that a couple of those kids on McCallie's D line will be playing on Saturdays next year. But in the 2nd half of that game, their best player, #84, was contained and Central outgained McCallie on the ground.

That game was an eye opener for the whole team. McCallie is the best defensive team the Cats will see all year. If you have watched tape of any of the other games, you will see that the O and D lines improved greatly after that game. I doubt that Halls will be able to match McCallie's D.

Medman...once again I am going to back you up. A while back I said that the McCallie game proved to me what this Central team is made of. Instead of laying down at the half and getting their butts kicked, they came out and made a game of it in the second half. If not for a controversial call on a McCallie fumble in the last minute of the game, then this team could be undefeated.

As much as I hate to say it, I'm glad we lost that game. It taught the guys how to be humble and how to handle humility. It also showed them that they aren't invincible and that they needed to work on their game before we get into the "meat" of our schedule. As far as that McCallie #84 that you have referred to.....his name is "Ayanga Okpokoworuk". Go ahead and get used to that name, because that kid is going to be playing on Saturdays. I know for a fact that UT is looking at him, but I don't really know who else.

robpride--thanks for the props. Maybe we'll get to meet tonite.

catsfever--I agree with you. The McCallie game is great for us to play. It doesn't do your team much good to play a weak schedule to get yourself ready for the important games. I am not sure, though, if McCallie will be on the schedule for next year. As far as the McCallie kids' name, I just don't want to butcher the spelling. I've heard that Wake Forest may be the leader for him. He is from NC.