Good Luck Tonite Rangers!

sportiemom

This post is for words of incouragement fot the Unaka Rangers If you are not here to do that please stay off.

I got this from another post I hope you like it:

If you think you are beaten, you are.

If you think you dare not, you don't.

If you think you'd like to win, but you think you can't,

it's almost certain you won't.

If you think you'll lose, you've lost.

For out in the world you'll find,

success begins with a fellow's will.

It's all in the state of mind.

If you think you're outclassed, you are

You've got to think high to rise.

You've got to be sure of yourself,

before you can ever win a prize.

Life's battles don't always go,

to the stronger or faster man.

But sooner or later the man who wins,

is the man who thinks he can.

:P GO Rangers Go :justwrestle:

This was an encouraging post, unlike the hatred Sportiemom displayed on the Fritz article thread. My question to Sportiemom is this:

Would you want your daughter sally, or kids that you have coached who look up to you, to know that you are the one making such posts of hate? Do those posts reflect the way Mike Ensor and other fine leaders at Unaka want these young athletes to grow up to be?

I happen to know that Mr. Fritz is a Christian, which of course doesn't make him perfect but at least he's looking in the right direction. I have spoken to him and I know that his intention was not to "put down" any athlete or coach at Unaka. He did, in fact, write several encouraging words about the Unaka football program in the same article that you personally attacked him for.

You are free to write whatever you want on here, but try to remember that your daughter and other kids her age may find out that what you have written. And you could lose a great deal of respect in a short amount of time.

------------------------------------------------------

He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty,

And he who ruleth his spirit than he who taketh a city

Proverbs 16:32.

Who is hiding now John3:16? You r pathetic, and u know no man's heart. Don't attack Sportieman under the name of John 3:16. Put your name on here so we can all lose respect for u. Wait, after reading all of your Cyclone basketball post, and your defense of Farthing. Could u be Mr. Fritz himself. :P

Edited by digsig

First of all you spell my name Sallee. Second of all I greatly respect my mother for sticking up for MYschool and so do all of my friends and fellow students. My mother is greatly respected and loved by many people. She has coached numerous teams and has coached most of the athletes on the creek over the years. So get your facts straight before you go and make accusations. Obviously you can't read because this thread says for UNAKA RANGERS ONLY!! Coach Ensor and the other fine leaders at Unaka think that the article Mr. Fritz wrote was very uncalled for and was written to put down our team. My mother and myself are very devoted Christians also. If he was a Christian man he would not have written an article that hurts a team that is trying to better their program. How could he have not meant to "put down" the Rangers. All he did in that article was criticize the people we played!! Can you please tell me what was so encouraging about that article? Yes we do have the freedom to write what we want on here and be as biased as we want but Mr. Fritz does not have that right as a sports writer. That is what editorials are for. My friends have all read what my mother wrote on that thread about Mr. Fritz and they all agreed with what she said and told me to tell her "Go Patty"!! She will never lose my respect for sticking up for me and my friends and I'm sure they think so too. May God bless you John_316!!

*~* Sallee #25 *~*

GO RANGERS!!

Edited by sportiemom

First of all you spell my name Sallee. My mother is greatly respected and loved by many people. My mother and myself are very devoted Christians also.  If he was a Christian man he would not have written an article that hurts a team that is trying to better their program. How could he have not meant to "put down" the Rangers. All he did in that article was criticize the people we played!! Can you please tell me what was so encouraging about that article? Yes we do have the freedom to write what we want on here and be as biased as we want but Mr. Fritz does not have that right as a sports writer. That is what editorials are for. My friends have all read what my mother wrote on that thread about Mr. Fritz and they all agreed with what she said and told me to tell her "Go Patty"!!

Dear Sallee,

1. My apologies for misspelling your name.

2. As for your question, "Can you please tell me what was so encouraging about that article?" Here is a portion of Mr. Fritz's story, copied from the on-line version of the Press:

"This isn’t trying to take away from the Rangers’ accomplishments. Certainly any time a team lines up it has a chance to lose, so succeeding every time out so far is a superb achievement for Mike Ensor’s team and shows a lot about their character and willingness to work hard to be successful.

It’s an encouraging thing for the Rangers to be 7-0, something much needed for a school that has rarely experienced winning seasons in football.

Ensor has definitely taken the right step in making sure the Rangers had a few easy games to build positive spirit on the team and in the school and community."

That answers your question, I hope.

3. Most Christians wouldn't pat themselves on the back when they call people names like "idiot" and "bias (sic) jerk" and "weasle (sic)" or "weisle (sic)" or make threats. These are taken directly from your mother's posts on the Fritz article thread:

"The idiot that wrote this article does not understand football and if he ever played, he was probaly about as good at it as he is in writing about it. The boys playing Friday night will decide who wins, not some bias jerk in a newsroom."

"He probably don't even know the shape of a football."

"If the majority of the people are curious then they need to pay their 5 buck and come watch then play not listen to a weasle."

"He has now crossed the creek and I sure hope he has good waders."

"by Doug (the weisle) Fritz"

To sportiemom: Certainly everybody is entitled to their own religious freedom. But my Jesus doesn't tolerate such open hate. My God is a God of love, a God of forgiveness. Perhaps if you tried an approach of love it would be a whole lot better. Perhaps try reading some of the kind things he wrote about Unaka's basketball team just seven months ago. The things he said about Donald Ensor were very complimentary. But again, you are free to continue your practice of Christianity while spewing hate and put downs on a site probably read by thousands of impressionable teenagers, just like your daughter.

- - -- - - - - - - -- --

And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

1 Corinthians 13:13.