The Purple Puds given up?

DaBEARS2

Anybody who has seen Central will say,they have the athletes...with real speed. But there is just something missing. They have all the speed and the big boys to be a real good team. Turnovers and penalties have cost it for the pounders. Anybody who has seen them play can say that Brent Hayes is the real deal. He has proved this year that he is a D1 prospect for sure. He has alot of speed for a 6'2 238 linebacker...Ran a 4.72 40 in august at Central. but how do you think the purple puds will end out their final 2 games...Do you think Hayes and the Defense will step up and make some big plays or do you think they've lost it all?....

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody who has seen Central will say,they have the athletes...with real speed. But there is just something missing. They have all the speed and the big boys to be a real good team. Turnovers and penalties have cost it for the pounders. Anybody who has seen them play can say that Brent Hayes is the real deal. He has proved this year that he is a D1 prospect for sure. He has alot of speed for a 6'2 238 linebacker...Ran a 4.72  40 in august at Central. but how do you think the purple puds will end out their final 2 games...Do you think Hayes and the Defense will step up and make some big plays or do you think they've lost it all?....

825391491[/snapback]

You guys are killin me! I love it though! LoL.... :D

I'm sorry but there is no way Brent can run a 4.7 40... He is 4.9 on a good day! He is a good linebacker though. He won't be linebacker in college. Maybe fullback or d-line!

825391536[/snapback]

Man, what is your problem. have you timed him? he ran a 4.85 in july at Alabama & tripped on the start. That was the first day doctors allowed him to run full speed since his surgery. He's being looked at by a number of prominent schools as a LB. Guess they need to check with you before they go any further.

Man, what is your problem. have you timed him? he ran a 4.85 in july at Alabama & tripped on the start. That was the first day doctors allowed him to run full speed since his surgery. He's being looked at by a number of prominent schools as a LB. Guess they need to check with you before they go any further.

825392018[/snapback]

How can a team with 3 or 4 division 1 prospects do so bad? Coaching?

mnewballer21 Today, 10:31 PM Post #7

Medalist

Group: Guests

Member No.: 32,693

scoreboard

Your right yall won the game. Everyone involved with Central Football will give you that, Just dont get on here and poor mouth anybody on the team as if yall are all knowing. I would say this though I wish Coach Jones would Have opted to move up to 5A, so at least we could have the possibility of playing this great game twice!

How can a team with 3 or 4 division 1 prospects do so bad? Coaching?

825392071[/snapback]

Didn't ask you that. I asked you when have you timed him & what school do you rate talent & potential for. As for your question, 3 or 4 Players cannot play all 22 positions on the field. Inexperience at critical positions can make for some tough nights.

This is a lost arguement, no Central has not given up yet. As long as there is a chance for us, we will fight for that chance. This is a stupid arguement. As far as Brent hayes, i have never known anyone to lead the city in tackles as a sophomore, lead the city as a junior before he gets hurt, them come back off of an injury that could have ended his career starting off slow, and still catch back up to be in top five in the city, yet still get criticised as much as he does. central as a whole is not winning, not just Brent Hayes. He can't lose a game by himself and he can't win one by himself. All we want as a team is a fighting chance to get to the playoffs and luckily we still have it. So, no we haven't given up, and if Brent is slower than a 4.7, then he has teammates to pick up his slack. Never have I seen so many people wanting to see a program fail.