who can stop the frontcourt of culleoka

culleokarep

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wasnt coach slatten the coach of the perry county team that kirk hasten played on when they won the state tourney? i cant say that i know a whole lot about him, but if he has won a state championship, he has accomplished a lot more than most of us... so he must halfway know what hes doing...?

825403264[/snapback]

You are right, but that was a long time ago! Slatten has not changed but times have. He can not seem to get along with any of the players. When the players do not respect you and for that matter even like you it is very hard to get them to play hard for you.

Winning a state is very hard to do at any level I will give him that but please explain to me why has he been fired from every job he has had since winning the State. If I am not mistaken they ran him off from Perry County. I just know that the parents and the community of White County are glad he is gone, I am just sorry for you guys! Best of luck and hopefully he will not tear your program down like he did ours!!!

Edited by WarriorMom

You are right, but that was a long time ago! Slatten has not changed but times have. He can not seem to get along with any of the players. When the players do not respect you and for that matter even like you it is very hard to get them to play hard for you.

Winning a state is very hard to do at any level I will give him that but please explain to me why has he been fired from every job he has had since winning the State. If I am not mistaken they ran him off from Perry County. I just know that the parents and the community of White County are glad he is gone, I am just sorry for you guys! Best of luck and hopefully he will not tear your program down like he did ours!!!

825403897[/snapback]

i didnt know all of that, but yea, it is kinda important to be able to get along with the players and have the community backing u, lol, just kind of important to have those....

Let me start this by saying that no Bruce has not been, to quote warriormom,"runoff" from his last 3 jobs. She/he has an ax to grind for some reason. Probably because his/her little boy didn't play as much as she/he wanted them to so it is easy to get on here behind an assumed name (like I'm doing) and make an attack on someone's character. You make it sound like Slatten is running for office. Slatten didn't run the program in the ground at White County he had plenty of help from people in the community and the school who started griping about him as soon as he got the job, just because people wanted somone else. He works harder than any coach that I know and he showed tremendous dedication to the program.The fact is you had the WORST talent ( by far), in 7-AAA for the last 3 years. Name me one player besides your post and (oh yeah your all-state son) that could have played for any of the other teams in the district, and when those guys quit right after Slatten got the job they weren't that much better if any than the players who stayed. Remember there is a reason that your former coach quit, he saw what was coming and got out of dodge. Slatten made you much more competitive than what you should have been because he can flat coach the game. However this is not a white county thread and I am going to stop talking about the past and so should warriormom she should have better things to do than re-hash this. Good luck to both Culleoka and to white county. thumb

Edited by attila

Cascade is a team this year that has not been given any credit because they lost 4 seniors but there are two strong seniors this year and a strong supporting crew with them. They also have probably the deepest bench in the district. So Demario ain't gonna do a thing against them, and their frontcourt cascade's girls team could break it.