Top Wrestlers in Region 2

discoverwrestle

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rigger101, I am a little disappointed in you. Of course, we aren't in the same "league" as a Farragut. Not yet!

Wouldn't dare say that we should be mentioned with the Farraguts or Bradley Co.'s of the world, but, just a tiny bit of respect would be nice. My kids have earned it.

Keep up the bulletin board material. My kids are loving it!!!

825457930[/snapback]

(rigger101, I am a little disappointed in you.)

What did I do? I don't know all the kids in Region 2. I hoped that you smart folks would get on here and educate me. I'm on the road about 3 days a week and only know a little about the kids we wrestle. :o

I think U have some good looking wrestlers over there and wish we were going against yall. Not my call.

I enjoyed watching your kids at region last year.

I know your team feels slighted because Farragut want come over there and wrestle but why don't yall talk to the Farragut Coach and fill in at some of our duals?

I feel we have the right to be a little Cocky! We are the 6 X KIL/Regional Champions thumb We were the 5X Regioal Dual Champs until last year. We didn't even place high enough in our District to go. (Injuries)

Also, we have produced a few State Champs, finalist and had a few place over the last 6 years. Our team accomplished this even though they have had 4 coaches in 6 years. Not bad for some snot nosed rich kids. ;) (Joking)

We know that's what people say! I even heard a discussion last week on the Knoxville talk radio station about Farragut and $.

We R the Big Dog in Region 2, until U kick us off the porch. :D

God luck, I like your team.

Can they beat Greenback and go to the State Duals?

Edited by rigger101

Let me start of by saying that I have great respect for the Farragut program and for what Joe and Kerry have done. As I have mentioned before, coaches in general don't get the due credit they deserve, especially volunteer coaches. Please don't think I was being sarcastic when I sayed that Kingston isn't at the level with the Farraguts, Bradley Centrals, etc. I was being realistic and giving my honest opinion. Yes, I am a little ticked that we couldn't get a dual with Farragut, and rightly so. For years, no one has wanted to wrestle Kingston because of the lack of competition. Now that we can compete, I have struggled to get the top teams in the East Tenn. area to schedule us. I am not saying that Farragut or anyone else is "scared" to wrestle us, just saying that we have willingly traveled to Farragut every year and got our butts kicked. I notified Joe that I had an opening with Cumberland Co. in Jan., before his schedule was set, and an opening with Rhea Co.. Both at Kingston. Nothing. Not even a call back to get us to come to Farragut. Which I am reluctant to do simply because we have gone to Farragut for the last 6 yrs. and they have never came to Kingston.

My main point with my previous post was that not one time has a wrestler from Kingston been mentioned this year. That is lack of respect. Do I have a state champion on this year's team? I don't know. Time will tell. I have told my wrestlers about the lack of respect that Kingston wrestling gets, and have also told them that they have to go out and earn that respect. I believe they will.

Can we beat Greenback and go to State Duals? Don't know. As the old saying goes, were going to take them one at a time. I have great respect for Coach Ridge at Greenback, but wouldn't dare say that Greenback is the only competition in the "small school" division. I will say that Kingston will be at the teams duals for the "small school" division and we will be competitive. Going to be a great year of wrestling.

Regarding the "visiting" coach, he seems to know alot about the sport and is passionate about teaching. He knows his place and has been a good supporter so far. He's still looking for a teaching/coaching position in and around the area.

Kingston lineup:

103- Steven Miller- Fresh.

112- ?

119- Tim Roddy- Jr.- 04 S.Q.

125- Thomas Duguay- So.- 04 S.Q.

130- Chet Crass- Sr.

135- Kyle Finnell- Jr.

140- Jeremy Babineau- Fresh.

145- David Scandlyn- Jr.

152- Nick Cowen- Jr.

160- Nathan Joslin- Jr.

171- Blake Hartley- So.

189- Eric Qualman- Sr.

215- Joe Stanton- So.

275- ?

Other than Roddy & Duguay, 5 of the others missed going to state by 1 match last year.

Hey coach, good post good luck against Bradley and let us know how they look at the different weights.

Which kid is the oriental kid? He's a real go getter. He looked good at region last year.

I truly believe we will be hearing "Kingston" for a long time to come in the Tennessee wrestling world. They have established an extremely successful feeder program that is seeing results now. The more schools that can begin a program for younger children in the East Tennessee area similar to Seymour, Halls, Kingston, etc. the more competitive wrestling will be, not only in Region 1 and 2, but in the entire state.

I commend the Kingston coaching staff for the success they have received and will continue to receive. These guys have built this program and if I am not mistaken, are non faculty coaches. That says a lot about character and dedication to the sport and to the kids.

Good Luck Kingston, we will see you down the road.

I truly believe we will be hearing "Kingston" for a long time to come in the Tennessee wrestling world.  They have established an extremely successful feeder program that is seeing results now.  The more schools that can begin a program for younger children in the East Tennessee area similar to Seymour, Halls, Kingston, etc.  the more competitive wrestling will be, not only in Region 1 and 2, but in the entire state. 

I commend the Kingston coaching staff for the success they have received and will continue to receive.  These guys have built this program and if I am not mistaken, are non faculty coaches.  That says a lot about character and dedication to the sport and to the kids. 

Good Luck Kingston, we will see you down the road.

825459766[/snapback]

Coach, what does your line up look like?

Wrestling Home

The Farragut Admirals Wrestlng Team came in first in Region 2 with 173 total team points. Marvyille was sexond with 138 points. The Admirals had 3 Regional Champions and several runner-ups.

112-Erick Abercrombie-Region Runner-Up

125-Paul Mountain-3rd at Regionals-Returing

140-Scott Dix-Region Champion-returing

145-Ryan Farinella-4th at Regionals- Little Brother @ 119

152-Chad Turner-Region Champion- Little Brother @ 119+

160-Chad Blankenship-3rd at Regionals-returing

171-Justin Knox-Region Champion-returing

189-Nick Reveiz-Region Runner-up -returing

All of these wrestlers qualified for the state Tournament in Chattanooga on February 19-21. These wrestlers placed in the state.

140-Scott Dix-State Champion

152-Chad Turner-State Runner-Up

171-Justin Knox-State Runner-Up

The Farragut Wrestling Admirals finished 4th in State remarkably while only qualifying 8 wrestlers. Their team score was 80 points total. Great Season Admirals!

Just a reminder of who we are!

I don't believe that anyone has forgotten Farragut, i remeber watching Dix win state, and cheering for Knox, second place in state isn't too bad, and i believe he will be in the finals again, i was amazed that they were only Juniors, i had thought they were older untill i read the state brackets. That right there shows the strength that is in region 2, it always seems to be a competitive gion, especially when you look at how large it is. if i am not mistaken it is the largest region isn't it, i could be wrong.

Edited by alcoa11905