2A Playoffs Region 5 and 6

Gerry Bertier

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

catfish-hunter,

Thanks for your comment about past posts of mine. Please don't interpret anything I posted here as disrespect for region 5AA. We have had generally great games with everyone we have played from that region. There are a couple of other threads runnin' on these matchups and you should go to them and check some of the posts there I have made. I CERTAINLY don't expect the same kind of game from Cheatham Co. that we got last year! I expect it to be the same kind of game we have had in the past with Fairview or Lewis Co.-----a war!!!!!!!!!

I post with my head and support with my heart! The Rebels will have their hands full with the Cubs. I know it and the Rebels know it!

Camden folks are VERY excited and they have good reason to be! They are sitting in a good position and they are talkin' up their team. They haven't been in this position as much as we all have. Give them a couple of more years and they will get into the atmosphere of the matchups between 6AA and 5AA.

Personally, my opinion (with only 3 exceptions) over many games, the matchups between 6AA and 5AA where McKenzie was concerned were all GREAT games. I've just been talkin' about this with Gerry Bertier on another thread. With only few exceptions has this matchup for the playoffs been anything but "top shelf".

Edited by duckman38201

Nice post, duckman. You are exactly right, we haven't had this much success in a long time, and every single Camden fan will admit it. We've won quite a few games this year, and we're hosting a playoff game for the first time since the TSSAA started. I mean we're like 6 year old kids on Christmas morning!!!! We've never been in this situation before, so it's understandable that many of our fans don't know how to respond to it. But us, old heads, know that we have to stay humble and respect other teams. It's a brand new season, and we're all starting from scratch. I wish every team the best of luck, except when you're playing us, and I hope all teams stay injury-free.

Hey duckman, in the past I have had much respect for your posts so therefore I refuse to argue with you on this thread.  The only thing I'm harping on is the fact that the folks from region 6-2A think very little of the teams from region 5-2A, and they should considering what has happened in previous years.  Region 5-2A has had some good teams in recent years, Harpeth in the late 90's, Lewis County over the past four years, and the 2002 Fairview team come to mind right away.  However, they all seemed to hit a roadblock when they played the likes of Huntingdon, Milan, or McKenzie in the postseason.  My major problem with alot of folks arguments on here is the fact that some of the Camden folks want to clown on region 5-2A, which is a JOKE!!!  Camden has not gotten beyond the first round of the playoffs in nearly a decade, and most of their first round losses have been blowouts.  The 47-0 loss at Harpeth in 1999, then the 55-0 loss at Harpeth the following year come to mind right away.  Having said that, what could possibly lead one to believe that history will change this Friday night???  Camden is a 9-1 football team, so they must be good, but the key to their game with Lewis County will be how they respond when something bad happens to them.  Will they fight through it and finally win a playoff game or will they go into a shell and let the snowball effect happen again???  The past doesn't lie my friend and that is why I like for Camden to lose to Lewis County this week.  As far as the Cheatham game is concerned, then I really don't care how you view that prediction.  McKenzie did beat the Cubs last year by the score of 35-14, so you have good reason to see it happening again.  However, I look for the Cubs to defend their homefield this week and win one for the folks in Ashland City.

825411832[/snapback]

Hey they may have a history of blowouts in the past, but last year they lost to Lewis Co. 12-13 and it was in the last few seconds. Camden should of won that game. And this year they are back for revenge, i think it will be a blow out and Camden will be on the better side this time.

Hope all the games are injusry free Firday night. Good luck to everyone.

Go 6AA!

GO REBELS!!!!!!!

We're being sent to A next season so I'd like to see us go out of AA with some good memories from this season. I know I'll sure miss all the action of 6AA and the first rounds of the playoffs. Been some good rivalries between us and ya'll in 5AA develop over the years.

Hope all the games are injusry free Firday night. Good luck to everyone.

Go 6AA!

GO REBELS!!!!!!!

We're being sent to A next season so I'd like to see us go out of AA with some good memories from this season. I know I'll sure miss all the action of 6AA and the first rounds of the playoffs. Been some good rivalries between us and ya'll in 5AA develop over the years.

825413001[/snapback]

The Rebels may be a force in 1A next year, you guys should be excited about the move down especially with all the powerhouse privates moving up. Yeah I hope everyone is injury free and leaves it on the field. I will be at the Fairview game but will be getting updates on all the other games as well.

Guest catfish-hunter

I just found out that McKenzie's Drew Hayes is only a junior. I know that he is a heck of a quarterback and he will have some field-days against some of those 1A teams out west. I will be at the McKenzie-Cheatham game this Friday night, but I wish everyone the best and lets go region 5-2A!!!

Guest catfish-hunter

The McKenzie offense has a ton of talent and there ain't no denying that. With Drew Hayes & Cody Cook in your offensive backfield you've always got a chance to win and Cheatham's biggest concern has to be controlling both of these fine players. It is darn near impossible to just shut them both down completely. The only two times that I've ever heard of that occurring was when Huntingdon beat McKenzie last year and when Lewis County eliminated the Rebels from last year's postseason. Other than those two games, McKenzie's offense has pretty much been unstopable for several years. The McKenzie-Cheatham game should definately been high scoring and full of big plays.