How do McCallie and Baylor match up this year?

mullets

Both teams should be strong this year, as usual. It will be a match that should not be missed. Although this is a biased oppinion, I think Baylor should pull it out, but no matter what the favors are, it should go down to the wire. McCallie and Baylor lost very strong senior classes last year, but Baylor should refill well. What does McCallie's projected lineup look like this year?

At what weights are both teams the strongest?

825423996[/snapback]

McCallie should be strong from 119- 171, depending on where certain weights fall. Baylor has varsity experience starting @ 112 with Ben Johnson all the way through 160. I hear there will be a couple of tough kids in the upper weights as well. It sounds like the match ups will make for a great dual with most of the weights being very competitive. It'll be a dandy. It may boil down to how well younger wrestlers perform as they fill in holes left by both teams losing strong senior classes last year.

• 2 weeks later...

at 103 McCallie has a juniror who is new this year...he should be verygood if he makes weight...at 112 itll problly be a freshman...joesh wheeler certifid for 119....joe young certified at 125...will young and rem cooper both certified for 130...looks like zack goss at 140...45 and 50- cody cleveland and andrew smith...robby robinson certified at 160...so did a few others...171 is questionable......bobby huffaker(who beat brient hobbs in a challenge match last year)....215 and 275 could be nick moore and charles green

huffaker and wheeler are returning for mccallie also.

825441017[/snapback]

Baylor has Johnson, Manson, Waddell, Vaughn and Walker. I know there has to be either one or two Dosters in there somewhere. Who else?

And, oh yeah, where is the showdown being held this year? In the new wrestling palace that Baylor has constructed. Haven't seen it, but I hear it is pretty awesome.

Baylor has Johnson, Manson, Waddell, Vaughn and Walker.  I know there has to be either one or two Dosters in there somewhere.  Who else?

And, oh yeah, where is the showdown being held this year?  In the new wrestling palace that Baylor has constructed.  Haven't seen it, but I hear it is pretty awesome.

825441101[/snapback]

My guess for Baylor is: 103 - freshman; 112 - Johnson; 119 - freshman; 125, 130, 135 - Manson, Hussein, Doster or Bell; 140, 145 - Bell, Waddell or Hussein; 152 - Spitalny; 160 - secret weapon; 171 - Vaughn; 189 - Walker; 215 - secret weapon; 275 - Simmons

And, oh yeah, where is the showdown being held this year?  In the new wrestling palace that Baylor has constructed.  Haven't seen it, but I hear it is pretty awesome.

825441101[/snapback]

It's Baylor's turn, but the "new wrestling palace" is more like the Jones wrestling arena at Cleveland. Bleachers on one side only. A practice facility that can handle a regular dual meet crowd, but not the turnout of a Baylor/McCallie match. Is the Bradley/Cleveland match held in the Jones facility or in the gym when at Cleveland? 2 years back, Baylor's gym could not handle the crowd so it will be interesting to see what they come up with for a venue. Maybe big Mac at UTC?