BOLIVAR'S BRIAN LAKE

BIGWEBB

Guest Oakland

i think brian even suprised some of the more optimistic blue raider fans with his showing last night. dont expect brian to be starting once steve thomas is eligible, but brian will certainly see signficant playing time

I THINK THAT A LOT OF D-1 COACHES ARE GOING TO WONDER WHAT WERE THEY THINKING ABOUT WHEN THEY PASSED ON BRIAN LAKE. I HAVE NOT SEEN ANYBODY THAT THE U OF M HAS SIGNED THIS YEAR THAT IS AS GOOD AS MR.LAKE. I JUST HOPE THAT HE GET'S AN OPPORTUNITY TO PLAY THE TIGERS BEFORE HIS COLLEGE CAREER IS OVER.

Guest Oakland

now lets not get too excited. middle tennessee has a ways to go before they reach memphis' level as far as a team goes and in recruiting as well. keep in mind it was just an exhibition game, nothing more

I THINK THAT A LOT OF D-1 COACHES ARE GOING TO WONDER WHAT WERE THEY THINKING ABOUT WHEN THEY PASSED ON BRIAN LAKE. I HAVE NOT SEEN ANYBODY THAT THE U OF M HAS SIGNED THIS YEAR THAT IS AS GOOD AS MR.LAKE. I JUST HOPE THAT HE GET'S AN OPPORTUNITY TO PLAY THE TIGERS BEFORE HIS COLLEGE CAREER IS OVER.

825430657[/snapback]

Um...Darius Washington and Joey Dorsey are on line 2, and they aren't asking about furs.

Oakland[/url]' date='Nov 13 2004 - 10:43 AM']now lets not get too excited. middle tennessee has a ways to go before they reach memphis' level as far as a team goes and in recruiting as well. keep in mind it was just an exhibition game, nothing more

825430674[/snapback]

Memphis may be better but MTSU aint that bad this year. Their website said they are ranked 44th in the country. I would like to see them make it into the tournament this year and see how Brian can perform on the big stage, throughout high school he always elevated his game in the clutch. His performance at state tournament last year should have got him in a good d1 school but i had classes with him last year and he pretty well had his mind set on MTSU all along.

Guest Oakland

trust me, i know how good mtsu is expected to be. but the kids memphis is signing and the kids mtsu is signing, there is a significant different, they are on a different playing field. i am extremely optimistic about mtsu's season. no doubt lake can play or he wouldnt be getting pt right now on a mtsu team that returned a lot of guys from a team that should have made the ncaa's last year

Oakland[/url]' date='Nov 13 2004 - 05:52 PM']trust me, i know how good mtsu is expected to be. but the kids memphis is signing and the kids mtsu is signing, there is a significant different, they are on a different playing field. i am extremely optimistic about mtsu's season. no doubt lake can play or he wouldnt be getting pt right now on a mtsu team that returned a lot of guys from a team that should have made the ncaa's last year

825431183[/snapback]

Exactly. Memphis has two freshmen who will have the opportunity to go to the League at least by the end of next season.

Exactly.  Memphis has two freshmen who will have the opportunity to go to the League at least by the end of next season.

825432068[/snapback]

I know memphis has alot more talent that MTSU i didnt mean for yall to take it this way. Im all for the tigers i hope they go deep in the tournament this year, i was just sayin not to overlook MTSU cause they have a pretty good team this year.