Farragut @ Powell

mocs30

Farragut is at Powell tonight. These teams have been playing twice a year lately. Usually the first and last games of the season. I guess it lets the coaches evaluate how their players have progressed during the season. This could be a heck of a good game. Farragut is probably more athletic, but Powell will have more size as a team. Farragut has the advantage of having played one game already, a loss to Catholic. Powell will have its starting point guard back tonight. He missed the Jamboree due to a turned ankle. It showed as Powell did not look good against Bearden. He will not be 100%, but I think that the Panthers should scrap out a close win tonight.

You are right, Powell is slow especially with Hargis nursing that ankle. If Powell can stop Farragut's transition than they will have a good chance of pulling this one out. Powell's size is to much for Farragut. Poor Bosh is gonna get banged on tonight.

Mocs, who will be playing the 2 and 3 i know conner will probably be on one of them. Hargis, addis, conner, ward, lee? Is that how it is going to go? I think they need to look to get Thrower into the mix tonight because they will need his speed, just might take him a while to get the plays down since coming in from football.

How is conner's conditioning this year? Will he be able to put in 3 strong quarters?

I don't believe I will make it to tonight's game so cheer them on for me.

You are right, Powell is slow especially with Hargis nursing that ankle.  If Powell can stop Farragut's transition than they will have a good chance of pulling this one out.  Powell's size is to much for Farragut.  Poor Bosh is gonna get banged on tonight.

Mocs, who will be playing the 2 and 3 i know conner will probably be on one of them.  Hargis, addis, conner, ward, lee?  Is that how it is going to go?  I think they need to look to get Thrower into the mix tonight because they will need his speed, just might take him a while to get the plays down since coming in from football.

How is conner's conditioning this year?  Will he be able to put in 3 strong quarters?

825446347[/snapback]

Maybe you meant Bosse? Unless you just have a nickname for him or you're talking about someone else. He's not going to get banged on, he's gonna be drop 19 footers all night thumb

You are right, Powell is slow especially with Hargis nursing that ankle.  If Powell can stop Farragut's transition than they will have a good chance of pulling this one out.  Powell's size is to much for Farragut.  Poor Bosh is gonna get banged on tonight.

Mocs, who will be playing the 2 and 3 i know conner will probably be on one of them.  Hargis, addis, conner, ward, lee?  Is that how it is going to go?  I think they need to look to get Thrower into the mix tonight because they will need his speed, just might take him a while to get the plays down since coming in from football.

How is conner's conditioning this year?  Will he be able to put in 3 strong quarters?

825446347[/snapback]

If Powell can keep Bosse 19 feet from the goal all night, I'm sure that Coach Ogan will be happy. He is much more of a threat down low because he is so darn tall. As for the starting lineup: My guess is that Powell will start Hargis, Connor, Addis, Ward, and Roach. Smith has only been with the team for one week. He might not be ready for major minutes. I agree about Thrower. He is such a good natural athlete and I believe that he sees the floor very well. He could definitely spell Hargis at the point for brief periods. He could be a dynomite 2 man by the time he is a senior, but he needs to spend a little more time with a basketball in his hands during the off season.

Connor's conditioning has improved substantially since last year. But I can tell you that he is no where near where he will be this time next year. Chris is dunking the ball a bit and he has lost some inches around his waste, but he is not where he would like to be. He does move very well and he shoots it well. He will struggle on defense when he gets winded. With the stuff Powell runs, there is really no difference between the 2 and the 3 position. I like Chris playing more like a two on offense and three on defense. He needs to guard people who are not so quick and fast. He can probably do a good job guarding most three men in this area. Two guards will give him more of a problem.

Addis has improved his jump shot to a substantial degree. He might be the x-factor for Powell this season. He is athletic and the needs to be a scoring threat. Should be a great game. Who are you facedown?

I was the one with the B painted on my chest at the far-cath game

personaly i was not impressed with far they were bigger and stronger than cath and yet we still dominated. I mean give credit to the ccc(caTHOLICSTUDENT SECTION) but the players did pretty good to

farr- should kill powell

825447149[/snapback]

Yea, we did in the fourth quarter.

Who is the hobo looking kid? The one with the fro and big goofey looking guy. He's not a bad player for the way he looks. He looks like he couldn't throw a grape in the ocean. Thrower is not good at all. I guarded him on JV some and he didn't do anything against me. I grilled him once, too. They have potential to be an alright team.

Yea, we did in the fourth quarter.

Who is the hobo looking kid? The one with the fro and big goofey looking guy. He's not a bad player for the way he looks. He looks like he couldn't throw a grape in the ocean. Thrower is not good at all. I guarded him on JV some and he didn't do anything against me. I grilled him once, too. They have potential to be an alright team.

825447752[/snapback]

Tony i think you need to take the beating like a man our team beat you oour students beat you and our parents beat you so just take it until we play again if you guys will play us because you chickened out of it last year.

-BFRESH

Tony i think you need to take the beating like a man our team beat you oour students beat you and our parents beat you so just take it until we play again if you guys will play us because you chickened out of it last year.

-BFRESH

825447802[/snapback]

Farragut 77

Powell 63

This was a better game than the score would indicate. It was a 6 point game with roughly a minute to go and Farragut made a bunch of free throws to extend the margin. I was impressed with Farragut. They played hard and rebounded well. They were also a little more physical than I expected.

Powell had the opportunity to pull away in the third quarter. Farragut was on the ropes and taking bad shots. But, the Panthers had a couple of unforced turnovers and allowed the Admirals to get their bearings. Farragut's coach made a wise decision and switched to a zone at the start of the fourth quarter, when the score was tied. Farragut was having a very difficult time guarding Powell man to man, but Powell was unable to shoot Farragut out of the zone.

You could just tell that Powell needs more time to gell. Only four guys scored for Powell all night. Powell also does not yet have a consistent shooting threat. They play tonight against Cleveland.

Farragut 77

Powell 63

This was a better game than the score would indicate. It was a 6 point game with roughly a minute to go and Farragut made a bunch of free throws to extend the margin. I was impressed with Farragut. They played hard and rebounded well. They were also a little more physical than I expected.

Powell had the opportunity to pull away in the third quarter. Farragut was on the ropes and taking bad shots. But, the Panthers had a couple of unforced turnovers and allowed the Admirals to get their bearings. Farragut's coach made a wise decision and switched to a zone at the start of the fourth quarter, when the score was tied. Farragut was having a very difficult time guarding Powell man to man, but Powell was unable to shoot Farragut out of the zone.

You could just tell that Powell needs more time to gell. Only four guys scored for Powell all night. Powell also does not yet have a consistent shooting threat. They play tonight against Cleveland.

825448301[/snapback]

tony:

You are quite the master of the backhanded compliment. What number are you? and How many points did you score last night in the Varsity and JV games? Brandon Thrower is a pretty darn good player for a sophomore. Maybe you should not call specific players out here if you cannot do it in a more respectful way--it demonstrates a little bit of immaturity. You should be better than that.

Edited by mocs30