Harpeth @ Sycamore

War Eagles

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not going to make any predictions but it should be an exciting matchup. Sycamore must contain Derrick but also not let the rest of the team hurt them. Against Cheatham they focused on Noel and the supporting cast beat them. Sycamores problem lately has not been on the defensive end but on the offensive side. They are going to have to play exceptional on both ends to beat Harpeth. Im looking for my boys Watts and Barksdale to get going and knock down some big shots. Moulton for Sycamore might be back for this game but if he does play at all he will be less than 100%. I cant wait til Friday, good luck to both teams. I hope to see a big crowd there!

Harpeth's tallest kid is 6'-5", but there's a bunch in the 6'-2" to 6'-3" range and they like to run. I think the key is how they do on defense. I don't know how they'll do on the road as young as they are, but Jamie Wilson will have them ready to play! They looked 100% better against Cheatham County Tuesday after a lackluster performance against Creekwood. I'm looking forward to the game Friday night. Go Harpeth!

I aint making no preDICtions.......i just hope sycamore squad puts togther 4 solid quarters...cause if they do...not only will they have change for a dollar,but might give themselve a chance to win. They need this win bad! Oh yea BOB SAGAT will be in attendance...just a lil fyi. Maybe ill see my girl forrest dump thier also.

Guest catfish-hunter
Should be a great game! It can go either way. I cant wait til friday.Catfish are you going to be attending the game??

825476571[/snapback]

Yes I will be at this one okiedokie!!! I should be there by halftime of the girls game at least. As far as the matchup goes, Sycamore will have their hands full with Jamie's press. If Rives and Lohin can prove to break the press and get the ball into the frontcourt, then Sycamore will be fine. I don't think that Harpeth will have an answer for Bullard inside, but their uptempo pace could wear down Sycamore's big fella. That is why it is key that John and Jesse play big minutes for the War Eagles tomorrow night. When the game does turn into a halfcourt affair, then look for Harpeth to double down on Bullard whenever he gets the rock. If Wilson elects to do this, then it is imperative that Barksdale and Watts make some shots whenever they are given the opportunity. I think it will be a high scoring contest, but with this one being played at Lynch-Puthoff Memorial I like the War Eagles chances to snap their losing skid. I'll take the War Eagles by 5!!!

Harpeth's press didn't impress me against Creekwood. Of course, they're young and thin. But if Sycamore relies on a big man, I think the Indians will run them as much as they can to get scoring opportunities. You never know which team is gonna show up for the Indians, so I'm not making any predictions. If RD and Davis are both hot, it could be a long night for Sycamore.