top Post players in the area true post players

BigdaddyR

I have seen the kid play.He is no 6'7 he is about 6'5 maybe 6'6 255 he gets tired really easy and hurts them when they press when he is tired he seems to get in foul trouble and either likes to push in the back to get the basktball or spins to the middle 90 percent of the time to shoot a hook shot. He has no left hand and likes to play physical inside so if ur a smart player in the post you can get him in trouble.But he is by far not the best post player in East Tennessee.

I would go withTimmy Blakely from Cosby can run the floor play above the rim block shots and knock down the 15 footer he has the whole package that is what a good post player is all about.

825505440[/snapback]

I don't mean any thing bad about Timmy Blakely I think you said from Cosby. He must of not been there when Unaka beat them that night because Cosby did not have a post to play with Big Del. ;)

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just an update on Big Del 13 double doubles now with Unaka's win over UHS tonight. Score Unaka 62 UHS 50, Good game Rangers. thumb

PS Big Del was up on the front line traping on their Guards, Thought he could not move, Thought he hurt the press, Don't think so. :D

Edited by BigdaddyR

Hey since its obvious your his dad last time I checked no one cares about his individual stats.And the last time I checked Unaka does not have the toughest conference in East Tennesse. University High is a very weak basketball team and I am pretty sure he wouldnt have had no problem trapping guards of there calliber.

And you gotta remember Unaka's schedule is not as beefed up as it was last year.

You put him up against someone like Temple which he did not do nothing against this year North Greene where he had trouble even scoring or any team who has decent guard play and a good size post and you take him out of every aspect of the game.I have saw Unaka play this year and there post game does not impress me a bit. He plays lazy on defense doesnt get back against quick teams on the press he is a decent scorer but does the same thing everytime so a good team

will key on that.

we will see how he does against quality competition if Unaka makes it back to the state tournament West Tn and Middle Tn post players are no joke your talking about 6'7 6'8 solid post players who can jump run the floor and score at will thats when we will find out if Dad can cash the check he has written for his son.

Hey since its obvious your his dad last time I checked no one cares about his individual stats.And the last time I checked Unaka does not have the toughest conference in East Tennesse. University High is a very weak basketball team and I am pretty sure he wouldnt have had no problem trapping guards of there calliber.

And you gotta remember Unaka's schedule is not as beefed up as it was last year.

You put him up against someone like Temple which he did not do nothing against this year North Greene where he had trouble even scoring or any team who has decent guard play and a good size post and you take him out of every aspect of the game.I have saw Unaka play this year and there post game does not impress me a bit. He plays lazy on defense doesnt get back against quick teams on the press he is a decent scorer but does the same thing everytime so a good team

will key on that.

we will see how he does against quality competition if Unaka makes it back to the state tournament West Tn and Middle Tn post players are no joke your talking about 6'7 6'8 solid post players who can jump run the floor and score at will thats when we will find out if Dad can cash the check he has written for his son.

825507031[/snapback]

Thanks good post and your are right we will have to see how he performs agenst stronger comp. Every one should Know who BigdaddyR is Do you?

In my personal opinion, I think that big del is a great asset but can't stand up very well..  ;)

825516313[/snapback]

I really do not see any trouble with him standing up unless he is hustling for a loose ball or knocked down by a crew and no fowls called. ( 15 double doubles as of last night ) I guess you don’t want to hear it pandora9. He played hard in Chat Looked good agents the Georgia team. Blocked there big boy right off the bat. Just did not pull it out. The Light house team the Reefs decided that game not saying any thing bad about there teem the Big 50 is good just did not need the Reffs help. Grace played us tuff, had some Reff help, but still could not take it. There post just needs experience and weight. Big Dell looked good last night. Great rebounds and feeds from his guards finished with two or three hang on him. Just remember a post can not play and score with out a great set of guards to feed the ball. No individual wins the game no matter what the stats it is a team. Stats dose not matter if you loose. ;)

I'm going to say that one of the best post players in the chattanooga area is Zach Mouw from Temple. He is one of the most underrated players in the area. He can shoot the ball well and is great at getting rebounds. He plays pretty darn good defense too. He really doesn't get the credit he deserves -- but I believe that without him Temple wouldn't be as good as they are right now.

I'm going to say that one of the best post players in the chattanooga area is Zach Mouw from Temple. He is one of the most underrated players in the area. He can shoot the ball well and is great at getting rebounds. He plays pretty darn good defense too. He really doesn't get the credit he deserves -- but I believe that without him Temple wouldn't be as good as they are right now.

825522809[/snapback]

Temple has a great team for right know, I have see Zach play and he is very good for a small post. Temple moves the ball up and down the floor so hard that they out run most teams, this type game is hard on the large poist players :D