West Tenn. Top 10

CoachD33

1. Bolivar Central (12-2) Gone 3-0 thru murderous week with visit to Humboldt tonight (1) beat Raleigh-Egypt 56-52, beat Liberty 52-39, beat Haywood 57-52

2. Jackson Northside (11-3) Rounding into form with Homecoming date with JCM Friday (4) beat Hardin Co. 87-51, beat Waverly 100-73

3. Union City (19-2) Struggled against Gibson Co. Need Coby & Weddle healthy before Friday date with Humboldt (2) beat Gibson Co. 54-46, beat Dyer Co. 74-50

4. Haywood County (13-3) Could go unbeaten in always tough District 14AA (3) beat Southside 76-63, beat Brighton 96-72, lost to Bolivar 57-52

5. Humboldt (12-3) Visit from Bolivar and trip to Union City this week (6) beat Crockett Co. 73-57, beat McNairy Co. 75-62

6. Liberty (14-4) Road trip continues at Chester Co. that won’t see Crusaders home until February (5) beat JCM 49-33, lost to Bolivar 52-39

7. Lexington (13-3) Tim Gardner’s Tigers look primed for a deep postseason run (8) beat Riverside 75-27, beat Milan 79-58, beat Crockett Co. 74-41

8. Middleton (12-5) Key district matchup with JCS coming Friday (9) beat Scotts Hill 102-56, beat USJ 65-51

9. Dyersburg (11-4) Costly district loss to JCM with pair of games with Northside to come (7) beat Halls 65-53, lost to JCM 75-63

10.Trenton Peabody (13-5) Road win at Halls helps district standing. Host Lake Co. Friday (10) beat Bradford 89-64, beat Halls 52-48

Bubbling Under: West Carroll (11-1) Schedule a bit soft. Won 10 straight since opener to Peabody. Should be 19 straight when the two meet 1/27

Honorable Mention: Adamsville, Greenfield, JCM, Lake Co.

Edited by NWhoopaholic

well...its nice to finally see Bolivar at number 1 again. Good rankings but i definitely think webb and west carroll is deserving of a spot in that top 10, probably dyersburgs spot. i also think peabody and middleton should probably swith places because middleton doesnt have a star like doakes that can take over a game but thats just my opinion.

Edited by btowntigers

well...its nice to finally see Bolivar at number 1 again. Good rankings but i definitely think west carroll is deserving of a spot in that top 10, probably dyersburgs spot. i also think peabody and middleton should probably swith places but thats just my opinion.

825515042[/snapback]

And that is what the board is for, expressing opinions. Bolivar has been #1 in all of my weekly West Tenn. Top 10's(outside Shelby Co.). I'd really like to see West Carroll play more top-flight competition as Middleton, Peabody, & Lake Co. have done.

And that is what the board is for, expressing opinions. Bolivar has been #1 in all of my weekly West Tenn. Top 10's(outside Shelby Co.). I'd really like to see West Carroll play more top-flight competition as Middleton, Peabody, & Lake Co. have done.

825515046[/snapback]

Yea i know you already had Bolivar number 1 i was just throwing that out there for all the doubters. Your right West Carroll has played a weak schedule but i had to go back and edit my previous post and give my reason for saying they are a top 10 team...thats Xavier Webb. He is a heck of a player and i think when you have a group of teams who appear to be of equal talent a player like him gives his team a little edge on the competition. Im not a West Carroll fan or anything i just think that having a superstar on your team will help you prevail in tight games therefore making them and Trenton the 2 best A teams on your list. I from Bolivar and dont get to see a whole lot of 1A action so feel free to object.

Yea i know you already had Bolivar number 1 i was just throwing that out there for all the doubters. Your right West Carroll has played a weak schedule but i had to go back and edit my previous post and give my reason for saying they are a top 10 team...thats Xavier Webb. He is a heck of a player and i think when you have a group of teams who appear to be of equal talent a player like him gives his team a little edge on the competition. Im not a West Carroll fan or anything i just think that having a superstar on your team will help you prevail in tight games therefore making them and Trenton the 2 best A teams on your list. I from Bolivar and dont get to see a whole lot of 1A action so feel free to object.

825515061[/snapback]

Webb is a special talent, as is Doaks for Trenton, your point is well taken. However I can't say West Carroll is equal to the other Class A teams because they haven't really played anyone. Peabody & Greenfield will be the only good teams they'll play before the region unless Huntingdon steps it up.