Mt Juliet at Smyrna

timbdp

Mt. Juliet 46, Smyrna 30

For some reason the Smyrna coach chose to let the air out of the ball and stall in the 3rd. quarter. Trailing by 10 points.... I'm having trouble trying to figure that one out. And then when they fell behind by 15 to 16 points they tried some acting jobs trying to get charging fouls when MtJ had the ball. Personally I consider that dirty play to try to act out a charge foul. A couple of occasions the Smyrna player gave Ocar Winning performances. Fournately the refs did fall for it.

Next week the Lady Bears play Hendersonville at home on tuesday and are at LaVergne on friday. After that the following week two home games. Beech on tuesday and White House on friday.

Looks like the Lady Bears will go into Wilson Central Feb. 8 with a (24-0) record.

Good Job Lady Bears. Keep up the good work.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wished I had a video tape of this game and I could show you the acting performances the Smyrna girls gave the last 3 minutes of the game. ONE was so obvious it was ridiculous. Oliver was guarding Gibson while she was dribbing the ball on the left side of the court RIGHT in front of where I was sitting. AS Gibson went down the left side just outside the lane Oliver pulled off and acted like Gibson threw a elbow to her jaw. I'll say this much after Oliver finishes her basketball carreer she has a career in Hollywood. What a performance.

And I do give Smyrna credit for having a good team. They play hard and they are well-coached. They are young.

As for the rough play I think Smyrna was the more aggressor than MtJ. AND I will agree with you THERE was several QUESTIONABLE CALLS and NON CALLS.

Like I said. I'd love to have a video copy of this game.

I appreciate the support region, but I think I know the problem.  This must be that REALLY old man that was sitting on the bottom by the bench that couldn't stop watching the cheerleaders long enough to keep up with the flow of the game.  Maybe we should cut him a break... besides way past his bedtime!

825530929[/snapback]

No, I think that was me!!! Seriously, I thought it was a good game. Refs let em play. I thought the difference was MJ's defence and rebounding. Good game Lady Bears!!!

All of the Mt. Juliet fans need to apologize for MTJbears and her, (i think it's a she), ramblings. Some good natured fun and ribbing on these boards is fun but she? goes way over the line all the time. While I like her enthusiasm, her constant overboard bravado is truly an embarrassment. Yes we have a good team this year and we would all like to be in the 'Boro at the end with a gold ball. But as we all know, tournament time is a whole new season and one off night could bring an abrupt end. This Smyrna team is very, very, good with great talent. On a given night they could rip the hearts out of many good teams, including the Lady Bears.

I was very surprised last night and have a question for any Smyrna fan...where were all the fans? The student section was small and the Mt. Juliet fans seemed to have well over half of the seats, including many on the Smyrna side. That has to be a disappointment, or maybe some other function interfered. The Smyrna teams, especially the girls, deserve better than that. Not a shot at Smyrna, just curious.....? thumb

Oh come on people!!! Why are you hating on the Mt. Juliet? Are you upset because Smyrna got beat? If you hate that go ask your coach, he was the one that was stolling the game...because he knows or he does not think his girls can beat Mt. Juliet. He was only trying to keep the score low so people don't talk about him not doing a good job. The MJ team did not play dirty, they played great D and it showed. On that instance when Oliver was "acting" she probably did it out of frustration since that girl had SUT HER DOWN TOTALLY. She was trying to get her to foul out but it did not work. If she was a good player like everyone is bragging about she should have found ways to score but ... she is no good. Smyrna is always blaming others everytime they lose and that is a fact on every sport they have. Maybe they need to look closer at home when they need to blame someone :angry:

Maybe sometime down the road they will become a little more classy. Smyrna quit hating and deal with your losses graciously.

Peace!!!