UH @ Unaka

osubrutus

An overall pretty good performance by the Rangers. Renee Ensor and Jessica Osborne both moved closer to the 1000 point total; would love to see both of them make it, to join Julie Roberson at that plateau.

The BIG games remaining: Cloudland at home, the visit to Cosby could be a stumbling block; and the finale at Happy Valley will be a tough one. Unaka is a better team than all these, but they've had problems at Cosby ....and Happy Valley would love ending the Lady Rangers' Great season on a downer, as Unaka heads into a potential fantastic tournament run.

Edited by krichunaka

After seeing the double play football roster, I hope all of these teams embarrass Unaka. I think both coach Ensor and coach Keith should have been given coach of the year honors, and how can you give Zimmerman the qb position after he was humiliated by Toby King? Anyway, there's no need to get angry since double play is a joke of a paper. Krich, why didn't you stay with the star?

After seeing the double play football roster, I hope all of these teams embarrass Unaka.  I think both coach Ensor and coach Keith should have been given coach of the year honors, and how can you give Zimmerman the qb position after he was humiliated by Toby King?  Anyway, there's no need to get angry since double play is a joke of a paper.  Krich, why didn't you stay with the star?

825532556[/snapback]

Why didn't I stay with the Star? Because I wasn't good enough. Seriously, I occasionally send in a profile for Jamie; the most recent was just before Christmas, when I wrote about Adam Turley of EHS, now with Campbellsville University.

Jamie's still one of my all-time favorite people on the Planet. But closer to the truth: My "Condition" of this past year-and-a-half has been such that I simply couldn't keep up on a full-time basis; and quite honestly, I missed several games and events that, at first, I planned to attend. It is a pleasure and Honor to work for Jamie. And someday, if I'm up to it, and if Jamie wants me; of course I will work more for him.

And though this is a Girls Basketball thread, you asked a very fair question.

I will comment on the quarterback selection (and I did not pick the Quarterback, nor did I pick the coaches): Not to offend any of my friends at Cloudland, but Unaka, whatever you might want to say about their scheduling, had an outstanding season. They were embarrassed at Cloudland, and though Zimmerman didn't have his best game, he did hit on several key passes, and at least on a couple drives he made some very good audibles.

That being said, King had an outstanding game against Unaka; and I would absolutely put him on my starting team. But I would probably want him on Defense, because of his knack for the game and for his quickness.

At 6'3" Zimmerman is a bona fide college prospect, with a very good arm, and good field vision. He, Zimmerman, is a truly outstanding quarterback. Now, I'm from Unaka, but I really like King. I also like Todd Caldwell ....a lot. In fact, I feel that the Warriors maybe didn't get to fully-utilize their talent. That's not a knock on their coaching staff, but rather, the injury bug (Ryan Garland, Drew Davis, etc) was very untimely for Happy Valley. Also, Hunter Sparks is a tremendously athletic quarterback. He would also start on My team; probably at the starting safety position opposite King.

But if I were going to try to build a team, consisting of the very best talent in our area, to include Unicoi County and Johnson County, Yes, John Zimmerman would be my starting quarterback, in spite of his lously game at Cloudland.

But FINALLY ....Zimmerman looked absolutely dreadful at Cloudland. He was throwing off the wrong foot, putting too much air under most of his passes, and he also made two pitiful decisions. He knows this. His coaches know this; and he picked the worst time possible to have his worst game. I would also start Johan Horney in the same backfield with Charles Guinn, another Ranger that your Highlanders made look bad. But 260 yards against Coalfield speaks volumes for Guinn's talents.

This could go on and on; and I will comment on my website within the next week. www.sportsedit.com in case you might want to know.

Krich, you are good enough to write for any paper. Just thought is wasn't fair to have only 2 Cloudland players on the roster when they were conference champions. Coach Keith took an undermanned team destroyed by graduation and finished 6-4 on a much tougher schedule than Unaka. Thats enough to put him at coach of the year honors, but I realize that double play is more of a community paper. They can't be champions on the field, so they make themselves champions on paper. This may be to uplift the spirits of Unaka football, but it is a pitiful way to do so. Anyway, whatever your physical problems are, I hope you get well, cause good writers are hard to come by. <_<

Football??

How many of these girls play for Unaka?

UH don's have a Football Team, do they?

Guys this iis not AOL!

Storm, spend the $12.00 and get a Plus Membership and you can talk football year round.

K'rich hope you get better soon and get to cover all the games.

Thanks for your support! thumb