Central V.s Ooltewah IV

bk012000

I can't believe yall. "Make the noise makers shut up" what is the point in even going to games if you can't make noises and cheer. It sounds like yall don't want any one cheering at all. Maybe it's because yall have no cheering section at all. Ooltewah just sits there the whole time. Ya every once in a while your students will yell something, but hardly ever. Ooltewah's student section stunk. Central's rocked. Just so yall would no the whole barrel thing has been around 4- a long time, so it's not nothing new.

825544682[/snapback]

First of all that barrel was stolen from a road construction site, sure nobody went out and bought one. 2nd of all the refs should have warned the central bench about the barrel and then called a technical. There was also a fast break where a central player smacked the backboard that should have been a technical.

Although Ooltewah won I think that this was the worst officiated game I have seen this year. The officials were terrible. Especially the black haired guy. C.W. gets his legs chopped on a layup and lands on his head and no foul? Then the same guy stops an Ooltewah fast break with a weak reach in call and forces the owls to the line instead of and easy 2. They were pathetic and should be blackballed.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW!  Denlron and I agree on something.  HS officiating stinks.  So the next time we say it stinks, win or lose, which it has, don't jump our case.  Remember we agree on this.  Example:  Central shoots 22-29 free throws to beat SD, who shoots 5-5 free throws.

825544959[/snapback]

I mentioned that fact at the Ooltewah game I'm sure it was probably the same officiating crew at the SD game.

I'll have to agree that the officiating was pretty weak. It didn't end up making that much of a difference, but it was.

And, for the record, Central doesn't have a very good student section. Even Ooltewah got their student section to stand up for their home game, Central couldn't even do that. The C-men made a little noise, nothing impressive without their barrel. They were too busy paying attention to the Ooltewah student section.

And the barrel isn't allowed because its unfair to the players. Imagine if a student section took it upon themselves to bring foghorns to all the games and how distracting it would be. In much the same way, any and all artificial noise-makers shouldn't be used in basketball games. It's not a big deal with football because the field is so large and the fans are a good distance away in the open air. Basketball is different because you're playing in a small gym.

Nobody has any problems with you cheering, in fact, it would be a welcome change of pace.

that barrel hasn't been around for that long... maybe like 2 years(counting this year) seriously ... you have a skewed idea of what a long time is

825545422[/snapback]

How do yall know that the baketball players aren't enjoyining the barrel and all the noises. What buisness do you have saying what should go off in a basket ball game. Like in wrestling matches, when all the C-men come to it. They always bring the barrel and their as twice as loud. So don't get mad at us just because we actually have creative ideas of noise making. Another thing how are you gonna sit here and say we have a weak student section. Sounds like someone's smoked a llittle to much Reefer before the game. Any way if you don't like the way we cheere at basketball games then don't even show up! Were not gonna catter to anyone that doesn't wanna here it. There ain't one Owl that will ever stop us from our cheering.

C-men live 4 ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ooltewah goes home crying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that barrel hasn't been around for that long... maybe like 2 years(counting this year) seriously ... you have a skewed idea of what a long time is

825545422[/snapback]

How would a tradition get started if no one wanted to do it or keep it. It was a great ideal 2years ago and it's still a great ideal today. Rather you like it or not the barrel is gonna be staying for a very long time. It lives on 4-ever.

dude creative ideas?? im the one who told yall to get the barrel in the first place(yeah that's right my name on here used to be Davinci 22) that was back before ya'lls little spirit group had a name... I told ya'll to go get a road construction barrel and paint it purple or something and wear hard hats and junk. dont know that the hard hats stuck but i know the barrel idea did.

I may not like the way yall talk trash but i do at least respect that yall continue to support your teams even though you aren't that good this year. that's the sign of a good spirit section(much like the Daisy Crazies from a couple years ago)Yall are a good section, if not a little misguided in that you seem to have more of an issue with trying to verbally abuse Ooltewah rather than focusing on supporting your team and focusing on whichever team you face that week... by paying so much attention to ooltewah it lowers your credibility as a spirit section. it's alright to get pumped for your big rivalry the week of the game but to carry on when your teams aren't even competing anytime soon is just a bit pointless