When was the last time Warren Co...

Jbo44

The best way to get results is to call the supertendent evey day. Then all the school boards members at night. They will tell you they have known control over what coach is hired. That the principal and the A.D. we need to make changes. Let give all of the guys some do nothing jobs at the central office. You might think that whould be to many guy sitting around with nothing to do. but at least they would not be making in decision in the sports program.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, LET'S SAY THAT HAPPENS. TURNER DECIDES TO RETURN TO HIS ROOTS. WHAT THEN?!?!?

DO YOU THINK ANYONE FROM OUTSIDE THE COUNTY WOULD WANT TO TAKE ON A TEAM WITH A 31 GAME DISTRICT LOSING STREAK BY THAT POINT?!?!?!?

DO YOU THINK THERE IS ANYONE IN THE COUNTY SYSTEM ALREADY WHO WOULD WANT THIS JOB AND IS QUALIFIED?!?!?!?

WE'RE IN A MESS, AND MRPOLESIT WILL LOVE TO KNOW THAT I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE BEST ANSWER IS. btw, MR, THANKS FOR AGREEING WITH ME, EVEN THOUGH IT KIND OF GIVES ME THE WILLIES~~~~~~J/K

I WANT TO KNOW WHAT PEOPLE THINK THE ANSWER IS. I AGREE WITH MOST OF YOU THAT IT IS NOT IN PLACE NOW, BUT WHAT IS IT?!?!?!? I REALLY DO THINK THE TALENT IS THERE, HOW CAN WE GET IT GOING FORWARD?!?!?!?

In basketball only, it would be nice to approach Luna and see if he wants to come back and settle down. He and his wife are from here and he is in the area frequently. Of course, he was also one of the the first WC coaches to call for specialization at an early age. I don't know what effect that would have on the current climate.

The best way to get results is to call the supertendent evey day. Then all the school boards members at night. They will tell you they have known control over what coach is hired. That the principal and the A.D. we need to make changes. Let give all of the guys some do nothing jobs at the central office. You might think that whould be to many guy sitting around with nothing to do. but at least they would not be making in decision in the sports program.

825540777[/snapback]

hahahaha! Come on Voice, ya gota have an answer for ol WC?!?! It would be great to get Luna back but don't think it will happen. I think even Keil realized what he had to work with the next few years and got out while the time was right. Sometimes the ol saying "when your handed lemons, make lemonade" just doesn't work, no matter who's runnin the lemonade stand. Better feader programs could be a start???? Just an opinion....

my thoughts on the feeder program in warren co. is this. The middle school 8th graders play out of county every year against middle schools from district teams, such as the white co's, cookeville's, m'boro central's etc. what should be done is, every year prior to basketball season, there should be a tryout of everyone in the county, and tell them that is one of the first stepping stones to play high school ball, so that every kid serious about playing will come, and won't be stubborn and stay put to play for their elem. school. Let the high school coach as well as the middle school coach choose the team of 12-15. Let this middle school coach run everything like the high school, and leave it to where the high school coach oversee's the program. Then for those unforunate enough to not make it. Let them go back to their elem. schools and play in the county against one another so they can have fun or whatever, but get your "better" players ready for big time out of county competition at the next level. I mean this is obvious. Let's look at it. Football does it at the middle school level. Baseball does it. Soccer does it. basketball is the only one that does not. This puts Warren Co. at a disadvantage b/c it takes kids a whole year as freshmen to learn to play together when you bring them in from 6 different schools. So now they're one, sometimes two years behind compared to white co. or cookeville. (I know that central used to separate to r'dale and oakland, but I think blackman and siegal both have their own middle schools now?) by the way, this same resolution could be true for 7th graders as well. And if any of you warren countians are on here, so that your foolish pride does not get in the way, we will call this team JUST warren co., not warren co. middle or w/e, so that you c'town, morrison, eastside, irving c. and dibrell people don't get so worked up. heaven forbid we tarnish ya'lls coveted county championships in any way. But this proposistion will never go anywhere b/c school board members have kids going to each of those schools i just mentioned, who play sports, and they will not allow this to happen b/c it takes away from this stupid waste of time elem tourny. what should happen is that people from all over the county should come together to support these kids as 7th, 8th graders on up thru high school, instead of making them rivals while they are in their middle school years.

I could keep going but that's enough for now, I'll be back :huh:

I am going to take what jbo said even one step further. I think Warren County should get in the real world and stop the county schools at the 5th or 6th grade. Go 2 middle schools. Quit investing money in county schools that are old and out of date. This isnt 1940 or 1950 people of Warren county. Dibrell or Morrison are not going back to the glory days. The county tourney is coming up and to some people in our county you would think it was the Super Bowl. So what if Centertown beats Eastside. Is the program as a whole any better? Problem is most coaches in our county cant even pick their own asst. coaches so chances are this idea will never work. Change cant happen in Warren County because the faces of the leadership never and I mean never change. The principal a decade ago is now the supt. and so it goes. So next time you go vote for a school board member look to see if the person running is already in office. If he or she is or is connected to the school system in any way pull the other lever. Its the children of Warren County you will be helping.