Weekly Carter County -- Top 5

osubrutus

Breathing treatments? That's something they haven't used yet, even while I'm in Panic Mode.

But I'm finally glad to know EXACTLY who you are, corner. All the while I thought you might be my lawyer friend. After my boss told me that that "Stuff" guy was corner, I was afraid to venture any more guesses.

But now I know you, Ernst T Bass. If you'll stop by tonight, I'll have Coach Fisher "buy" us a drink. Those sandwiches were awesome Tuesday; though Coach said his stomach was a little upset.

And for the official record: I think the Lady Cyclones are top-shelf; and I don't necessarily think the game would go Unaka's way, unless EHS tried to play transition with them for four quarters. This wasn't intended to extend the woulda-shoulda-coulda argument.

But if we lose our coach this season, and that's a big possibility, I was looking forward to watching 17 squirm while being offered the Unaka job. Can you imagine the "recruiting" potential? :D

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who says the Lady Rangers won't be good next year? They may very well have a state tournament appearance next year as well with players like Sally Taylor and Babb returning. Sounds a whole lot like what Cloudland's football team went through. After they graduated their whole starting lineup, other area teams were chomping at the bit to put them on the schedule. Maybe HV and Elizabethton think they are too good to lose to smaller schools like Unaka and Cloudland. You guys know you would be brought down to earth in a hurry. The dead horse is rising again! :D

We had this discussion when the Lady Cyclones had two openings, as did the Lady Rangers; but the Cyclones chose to forego the game.  Now I'm told that the Lady Cyclones are finally willing to play Unaka's Ladies .... Next Season.  Oh well.

And though individual accomplishments are suppose to take a back seat to the TEAM game; the fact remains that Jessica Osborne and Danielle Ensor are getting very close to the 1000 point career total.  It would be unfortunate if either came within just a few points. 

This will make two games that the Lady Rangers will have missed; the team from Florida didn't show up in early January.  Everybody will be lining up at the gym doors next season to get a shot at Unaka.  So much ego, so little coooperation.

825551121[/snapback]

Now Krich.... If I were the coach and had my schedule worked out to my liking, I wouldn't change it in the middle of the season. I know you have a problem with this year's schedule and I think everyone would have liked to see them play. I havn't heard anything about next year, but is that out of the question with you Rangers? Oh well...

Everyone seems to want to play Betsy..... wander why? Ego problem? Cooperation problem?

Krich, from knowing of you, I would still like to believe in the Kim Richardson that I have always heard of, not the one who seems to get tied up with good natured rivalries in Carter County. As I read in another thread and as I have written you, calm down and get back to the guy who supports the entire county. Now yes, I made a bit of fun with your posts, but I do follow all of the schools locally, albiet, lately this has been done on here and thru newspapers. I have been to three games this year, much to my dislike, but health reasons are guiding me now. I hope to come see the Cyclones vs. Unicoi tonight, but it is a game time decision.... hehe...

Lighten up dude, we love you. ;)

Who says the Lady Rangers won't be good next year?  They may very well have a state tournament appearance next year as well with players like Sally Taylor and Babb returning.  Sounds a whole lot like what Cloudland's football team went through.  After they graduated their whole starting lineup, other area teams were chomping at the bit to put them on the schedule.  Maybe HV and Elizabethton think they are too good to lose to smaller schools like Unaka and Cloudland.  You guys know you would be brought down to earth in a hurry.  The dead horse is rising again! ;)

825551644[/snapback]

Makes no sense for Betsy to play smaller schools. They have their hands full playing bigger schools.... except for maybe Johnson County. If you, King, were the Cyclones football coach, would you play Dobyns-Bennett or Cloudland? Well, the Cyclones opener for this coming season is DB, followed by Science Hill, then TN High, and so on. I think the Besty boys need to stay on the tier they are on........ which might prove to be too much early on, but the benefits will show later in the season.

Good luck to you and your Landers. They will always have a fan in me...... which doesn't count for much...... thumb

Makes no sense for Betsy to play smaller schools. They have their hands full playing bigger schools....    except for maybe Johnson County. If you, King, were the Cyclones football coach, would you play Dobyns-Bennett or Cloudland? Well, the Cyclones opener for this coming season is DB, followed by Science Hill, then TN High, and so on. I think the Besty boys need to stay on the tier they are on........  which might prove to be too much early on, but the benefits will show later in the season.

Good luck to you and your Landers. They will always have a fan in me......  which doesn't count for much...... thumb

825552136[/snapback]

Not trying to cause any problems but.... is EHS not playing up in football and getting the chance to do just that!!!

Just a thought. Science Hill and DB are taking that risk...Correct?

Glee, it would have made good sense to play Cloudland back in the Byrd years. Would have brought in a ton of money. Is pride more important than money? That is the question. During those four years, that smaller school could play on the same level as SH or TN high, but anyway that is over and done. I believe both schools will return to a state power, eventually.

Back to basketball. This is the most responses I've ever seen on a Weekly Carter County thread. Lets keep up the interest. Hey you all I'm learning to disagree in a civil manner! :lol: Self high five!! :lol:

Self High Five!!

[size=14][color=blue]
Edited by Storm55

Makes no sense for Betsy to play smaller schools. They have their hands full playing bigger schools....    except for maybe Johnson County. If you, King, were the Cyclones football coach, would you play Dobyns-Bennett or Cloudland? Well, the Cyclones opener for this coming season is DB, followed by Science Hill, then TN High, and so on. I think the Besty boys need to stay on the tier they are on........  which might prove to be too much early on, but the benefits will show later in the season.

Good luck to you and your Landers. They will always have a fan in me......  which doesn't count for much...... thumb

825552136[/snapback]

So what you are saying is that just because we are a smaller school we can not compete and play at your level or give you the competition you need?

Thats what he's saying sportiemom. Whether the Betsy posters want to believe it or not, they carry around the same pridefulness as the king. I'm slowly but surely trying to learn humility. By the way, Sportie, I am impressed with how Sally has improved her game. She's came a long way since the days when we beat up on Hunter! :huh:

Thats what he's saying sportiemom.  Whether the Betsy posters want to believe it or not, they carry around the same pridefulness as the king.  I'm slowly but surely trying to learn humility.  By the way, Sportie, I am impressed with how Sally has improved her game.  She's came a long way since the days when we beat up on Hunter! :huh:

825553072[/snapback]

We both know the real reason :P . Thank you, Sallee loves the game and works hard and has awesome upperclassmen to follow and learn from. We have a great team of girls who not only play the game well but are Great in life also.

Not trying to cause any problems but.... is EHS not playing up in football and getting the chance to do just that!!!

Just a thought. Science Hill and DB are taking that risk...Correct?

825552287[/snapback]

Looks like it....... but it is something that Elizabethton has done for years, not just the years they have a good team. :)