The most limiting factor in a good team?

Basketballislife0918

Individualism and egos

825551697[/snapback]

Lack of team work. It is obvious to a trained observer when guys are playing as individuals and not as a team. Sometimes jealousy for a teammate plays a role in the lack of team work. I have observed this when guys act like they don't see the open man, or move to the opposite side to avoid passing to him. If I were a coach and observed this, I would sit a player down until he learned to be a "team player". Otherwise make basketball a one on one sport. It is so awesome to see a team playing as a unit and beating an individually more talented team. I think that is one of the nuances of good coaching that makes the difference between an average coach and a great one. Great one's know how to get five guys to play as ONE.

Individualism and egos

825551697[/snapback]

Lack of team work. It is obvious to a trained observer when guys are playing as individuals and not as a team. Sometimes jealousy for a teammate plays a role in the lack of team work. I have observed this when guys act like they don't see the open man, or move to the opposite side to avoid passing to him. If I were a coach and observed this, I would sit a player down until he learned to be a "team player". Otherwise make basketball a one on one sport. It is so awesome to see a team playing as a unit and beating an individually more talented team. I think that is one of the nuances of good coaching that makes the difference between an average coach and a great one. Great one's know how to get five guys to play as ONE.

825551721[/snapback]

i agree a 100% it's hard to find a team with absolutely no jealousy and a completely impartial coach with no favorites and a team that is willing to sacrafice self glory for the good of the team. but there are a few out there and they are alot of fun to watch!

i was lookin through some of the coacht message boards and i came across this thing where you could put team stats into your teams site, so i wanted to see if the local team had any. and you just have to see what was there to understand what kinda season and selfishness is goin on in hermitage springs.

http://www.coacht.com/inside/stats.cfm?Sch...D=3&SeasonID=37

i know the person who has the "stat" and i do not think they would do something like this but apparently someone close to the program thought it was an important stat. personally i would much rather have seen boards or assists in there!