Richland

sharpie4014

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said the first game that forrest shouldn't have lost that game. Last night if forrest girls had paid more attention to the coach they would have scored alot more. They kept matching up the right players. Richland got in foul trouble. Who is 24 for richland? She can play!!!!!!!! If forrest girls will listen to Coach Rob and just play ball they can win alot of games.

24 is a freshman, Rachel is her name. I am not good with last names. I believe it is Glidden. She has really been stepping up lately. She has allot of game. Richland problem right now is that they just are not making shots. Last nights game was decided by free throws. NOT THE LAST 1 THAT WAS MISSED, But the other ones that were during the night. I know that Rachel is hurt because she was fouled with no time left and then missed the first free throw. With Richland down by 2, the game ended there. #24 has nothing to be hurt about. She played her heart out. The best part about her is she would rather make a good pass for an assist or fight for a rebound to put back in then to take the scoring upon herself. Sounds like a team player. But when needed, she will step up and score. And she has had to the last few games. She has scored regularly in every game. But lately she has scored more because our other girls are off a little. We won early in the season with several players scoring each night. Right now no one can hit. Forrest seemed to not be able to hit from the outside either last night. But the forrest girls inside worked hard. I bet Forrest made 20+ free throws.

Hopefully Richland will turn it around. They did not play well against cornersville last week. The did not play well against Ardmore Tuesday night. There seems to be a confidence problem with some of the girls. That is where coaching must take over. A coach, particularly a girl's coach, must know what buttons to push, i.e. what to say or what to do, to help the girls regain their confidence. I believe Richland's coach will make the right adjustments. At least this sorta low, not really a bad one, hit prior to tournament time. We have another week to sort it out. I believe next Friday with Moore County coming to town will tell the tell. If we are going to have a chance to win the District tournament and advance in the regional tournament, we have to turn things around. Then again, if Richland had made 50% of our free throws last night, they would have won by 10. Who knows. At least with some of the other girls being off a little has gotten Rachel #24 to show us more of her game. With her stepping up, if our other girls can start hitting again, we will be fine. Give credit to Forrest too. The coach really seems to know his players. They seem to play with sportmenship. Maybe the 2 will meet again in the District Tourn. Lastly, both teams played hard and both groups deserve a pat on the back. It was an exciting game to watch. We can only hope that all games are this competitive.

Edited by jamieroper

She sounds like every coachs dream. Your coach does a good job with them. Forrest didn't shot well from the outside. But one of the starting guards was on the bench most of the night sick. I have to say the girl who took her place did a fine job. Our inside game was good when the ball was passed in. Richlands girls are very strong inside. I hate to bet on this game if they meet again. Good luck against Moore Co.

1st of all sharpie4014 if you were real team player instead of a quitter you would know what happened. Forrest and Richland Both played hard all night. Hardly any shots would fall from either team from outside exept for Glidden and Moses. Forrest definately has post presence and it caused Richland foul trouble. Richland definately had thier chances.

As far as chemistry goes I don't remember the 8th grader playing a second. The only problem with chemistry is in the stands. Parents let your kids play because they love the game and thier teammates and thier coach not because you need to relive a little of your past failures. If Richland will make some shots 35-40% every night they won't be beat.

1st of all sharpie4014 if you were real team player instead of a quitter you would know what happened. Forrest and Richland Both played hard all night. Hardly any shots would fall from either team from outside exept for Glidden and Moses. Forrest definately has post presence and it caused Richland foul trouble. Richland definately had thier chances.

As far as chemistry goes I don't remember the 8th grader playing a second. The only problem with chemistry is in the stands. Parents let your kids play because they love the game and thier teammates and thier coach not because you need to relive a little of your past failures. If Richland will make some shots 35-40% every night they won't be beat.

825553265[/snapback]

[/quote

Right, the 8th grader did not play. Maybe she should have. She is diffinately good inside and will be a great player, whether she transfers to Giles County next year or comes back to play at Richland. Hopefully my comments on the Chemistry are wrong. But several girls seem out of sorts and I will leave it at that. Hopefully it will work itself out so that Richland can go into the tournament with a full head of steam. They have some wonderful young ladies on the team, as well as I know Forrest does too. The game was fun to watch because of both teams desire to win. Both teams have to be commended. I had wondered while watching if Forrest didn't have another point guard on the bench. I hope she gets well soon. Richland's coach has done a really good job at switching up defenses to confuse the opponent. Richland is not going to be shortchanged. They get after it all the time. I give us a good chance in the tournament. Forrest also should give everyone a run for their money.

825553265[/snapback]

I wasn't meaning that post in a bad way or anything i just figured that Richland was good enough to beat Forrest. I love the Lady Raiders and i always will,just bc i quit that team doesn't mean i don't and will not play somewhere else. Richland has great chemistry with or without the 8th grader playing. And besides i watch real ball now :)

I wasn't meaning that post in a bad way or anything i just figured that Richland was good enough to beat Forrest. I love the Lady Raiders and i always will,just bc i quit that team doesn't mean i don't and will not play somewhere else. Richland has great chemistry with or without the 8th grader playing. And besides i watch real ball now :)

825553965[/snapback]

Whatching is all your going to do you better bet on that

Edited by iknow

Possibly her. Whoever it is does say that she quit the team. That would make sense. I was told she asked to come back the next day and was told that if she supported the team the rest of the year that she could try out again next year. Maybe she will. I heard she also plays softball. I hope she does whatever is best for her. She played hard the times I have seen her play, as have all the richland girls. They are going to start a winning streak tomorrow night against santa fe that is going to last though the rest of February and March. We will beat Wayne County in the first round of Regionals, Perry Co. in the second round, and then get revenge against summertown in the finals. At least I can hope. GO RAIDERS

Edited by jamieroper