District 8A Tournament

peter griffin

Does anyone have any predictions for the 8A tournament and the 4A region tournament.

Look for Westmoreland, Gordonsville, Friendship, and Vanburen to take on Clarkrange, Clay Co, Monterey, and Red Boiling in the region.

Clarkrang, Westmoreland, and Gordonsville are the strongest contenders to advance to substate, with Friendship capable of pulling an upset along the way. Clay Co could get there if they can get their game together in time.

Friendship has been up and down all year but must have played well to beat Westmoreland last week.

Gordonsville has been the biggest disappointment. I thought the Blue was a lock to win the district title this year. They're only a few points away from having done that.

Westmoreland has hit the skids from what I hear. They're beatable, but they still have to be the favorite though.

All three of those teams could make noise in the region tournament.

Van Buren has improved a lot. It should be a good first round game with Watertown.

With Westmoreland struggling I would think that Gordonsville probably has the edge in the tournament. Friendship is tough and could easily win it also. Their biggest problem is playing aggressive ball. Westmoreland should have the easiest path to the finals, but I never thought they would have lost the last three games like they have. Good luck to all the teams involved. :D

GO EAGLETTES!!!