Sullivan Central vs. Unicoi County

brock20

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad game from Central. Defense was probably the worst I have seen all year. Hopefully, Central can get there act together for the Regionals. I hope it comes down to us and Unicoi in the championship again. I think your one win against us won't become two. Also, I wish your fans would relize this isn't a home game for Unicoi, this is the District. Maybe you all should try and read where you are supposed to sit.

Thanks for the Happy Valley fans who rooted for us.

There are only 1 MVP in the tournament and it went to Hunter Sparks from Unicoi County.  I love to see all these Central fans talking smack about how this is going to be an easy game,  face it we had the lead the whole game.  And for all you Central fans at the game on Friday who sat behind the student section, what was the point in that we couldn't even see you guys!  Does Central have anyone on their team who can stop Ike Weaver???  It didn't seem like it.  4 out 5 of Unicoi County's starters made the Tournament Team.  Are we really that good.  Home court advantage did take a major role in this tournament, but since we got it throughout the rest of the Regionals does that mean we are the hardest team to beat?  How do you guys predict the rest of the Regionals will go?

825587854[/snapback]

Yeah there was only 1 MVP and it went to the wrong guy. You could have put the kid who looks like Michael J Fox in for Sparks and you wouldn't have been able to tell the difference, except for maybe less cheap shots. Ike Weaver and Central's poor defense is what the difference was in that game. Unicoi did look impressive though and I think alot of credit has to go to their coach. He seems to be a guy all the kids like and that makes a difference on how a team plays. Heck even the student section was cheering his name after the game.

Also, Central's student section had to sit at the top because some of Unicoi's fans must not know how to read and sat on the wrong side.

There are only 1 MVP in the tournament and it went to Hunter Sparks from Unicoi County.  I love to see all these Central fans talking smack about how this is going to be an easy game,  face it we had the lead the whole game.  And for all you Central fans at the game on Friday who sat behind the student section, what was the point in that we couldn't even see you guys!  Does Central have anyone on their team who can stop Ike Weaver???  It didn't seem like it.  4 out 5 of Unicoi County's starters made the Tournament Team.  Are we really that good.  Home court advantage did take a major role in this tournament, but since we got it throughout the rest of the Regionals does that mean we are the hardest team to beat?  How do you guys predict the rest of the Regionals will go?

825587854[/snapback]

Hunter Sparks, MVP?? Well, he was on the winning team. He is also a good player. But had the members of the All Tournament Team [ie. the three officials] called the twelve walks he committed, maybe it would have gone to no. 44. No wait, he committ 12 also. Maybe no.52, after all, he is the one how killed CHS. My question to you sir, is, when did they allow campfires in a bball game. I could have sworn i saw the blue boys cut under the basket, pull out some sticks, and then start rubbing them together. In layman terms, they were camping out in the paint. Now don't get me wrong, if you can get away with it, go for it. I'm just mad that our coach did not give our boys a bucket of water to put on it. After all, only YOU can prevent forest fires. Exciting game? Yes! Homecourt advantage? Maybe! Officals in blue? Most definitely on this night!!

It was a great tournament and a great game, as they all have been this year. There's no need to be childish about it.

It's always the same anyway. The losers of a big game always claim some reason other than themselves as why they lose. This seems to be a universal phenomenon. However, citing where the fans sat is a new one on me.

Also, I wish your fans would relize this isn't a home game for Unicoi, this is the District. Maybe you all should try and read where you are supposed to sit.

I believe you are the one who should look. The two sections of bleachers were divided among the teams playing in the games, as was posted on the gym doors. The end section of bleachers is still reserved for Unicoi County students. Didn't you notice the policemen trying to move you where you belonged?

I believe you are the one who should look. The two sections of bleachers were divided among the teams playing in the games, as was posted on the gym doors. The end section of bleachers is still reserved for Unicoi County students. Didn't you notice the policemen trying to move you where you belonged?

825588288[/snapback]

The problem is the gym is too small to host a district tournament, same as it was in Elizabethton. It would been a lot worse if Volunteer would have brought the fans they have had in the past few years.

Hey listen hear Unicoi County probably seats more than any school in the conference.  It's the nicest gym, the best in the conference.  Who has a nicer gym in the Conference, someone please tell me!

825588515[/snapback]

Hey sorry bud Volunteer and Central and Elizabethon can Seat more Volunteer has Two Upper Sections Central has a the HUGE Dome and Elizabethon has two upper sections and a Third Upper Section above the Goal on the Vistors bench side