rockwood/wartburg district 4a championship game

JohnDeere22

Yeah i forgot about Melhorn(spelling). He made 2 or 3 buckets over Hackler in the championship game. Yeah Vespie made some huge shots againt Rockwood to keep them and get them back in the game. This is probably his best game this year, or at least as far as I have seen. Adam also kept Payne the to sideline and made him shoot fade aways, which took away his effectiveness. I'd say that is the best D Payne has seen all year. Still I thought DJ Shannon had a great tournament, especially for a sophomore. If he gets in the weight room and starts posting up some, watch out. Overall good game, and both Shannons and Vespie were deserving of the award.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah i forgot about Melhorn(spelling). He made 2 or 3 buckets over Hackler in the championship game. Yeah Vespie made some huge shots againt Rockwood to keep them and get them back in the game. This is probably his best game this year, or at least as far as I have seen.  Adam also kept Payne the to sideline and made him shoot fade aways, which took away his effectiveness. I'd say that is the best D Payne has seen all year. Still I thought DJ Shannon had a great tournament, especially for a sophomore. If he gets in the weight room and starts posting up some, watch out. Overall good game, and both Shannons and Vespie were deserving of the award.

825591721[/snapback]

I agree with Ro, and will go one step farther and say Jerriel Inman, DJ and Jeremy hit some treys that came at an opportune time. Everyone that played during the game stepped up. The earlier post about DJ having turnovers, what game was you watching because I had none issued to him. I could personally list things that every player did to attribute to the win and list reasons as to why several deserved player recognition. The Bulldog bench was awesome as was the fans which also attributes to championships. Also, for those of you wondering about the sluggish Jeremy Shannon during the championship game, he was sick Saturday, fighting flu like symptoms. He gave a real good effort against Rockwood especially the 2nd half. I hope he's better for the Regionals. Vespie, as I said in my last post, kept Payne well under control- way to go Vespie. thumbs up to all the Bulldog players, coaches and the fans. Good luck in the Regionals tonight.

The bottom line,all the kids for Wartburg played a good game,and the bench and the fans made a big difference all season with the support they have shown them,it's all about the kids and nothing more,what bugs me,is people get on here and try to make gods out of kids that they think are good ball players,and they talk down kids who they think are not. Most of it coming from immature parents or adults that either don't have a life or are trying to make their kids seem like they are superman or superwoman,bottom line 2 is,teams win and lose games,teams win and lose championships,not parents,not fans,not anyone except who is on the floor during the game. A coach cannot even win a game without a team or team effort.No matter how good one person is,or even two,without the rest of the team,they are nothing.

Boys,I hope you won tonight against TSD, You are a great bunch of kids,ALL of you,and it takes all of you to win,seems we are always telling our kids it's time to grow up,maybe we should heed some of that advice ourselves...

Good luck Dawgs...

Edited by Jimmy2626