Lake County vs. Trenton (AGAIN)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ladyfalcon10
You know what they meant!  Everyone makes mistakes......just like LC wearing their gold home jersey when they came to Peabody to play........knowing our home jersey is gold as well.

825600753[/snapback]

Just to let be known, our boys wear their gold jersey's every game. That is the one they like the best!

Just to let be known, our boys wear their gold jersey's every game.  That is the one they like the best!

825600874[/snapback]

But there is a reason for HOME jersey's and AWAY jersey's. Don't all coaches have to go by some sort of rules about this? I've always thought that the light jersey was home and the dark one was away. I could be wrong, but that's the way we've always done it so I thought there was some rule about it to make sure teams didn't wear the same color. I'm not being ugly about it, I just thought it was a mistake on their part.......it was kind of funny when both teams pulled off their warm-up suits and both had on a gold jersey. Our guys just simply went to the laundry room and changed to their black uniforms....no problem. :lol:

Edited by peabodymom

I saw that...someone cant spell

825600728[/snapback]

Shows you what kind of education trenton kids are getting... at least LC kids can spell!!!also a reminder to the trenton fans LAKE COUNTY DID WIN 3 OUT OF 4 TIMES WE PLAYED YALL!!!!

MAYBE WE WILL MEET AGAIN AT THE BORO!!! KEEP YOUR HEADS UP LC, WE AINT OUT OF IT YET!!!

But there is a reason for HOME jersey's and AWAY jersey's.  Don't all coaches have to go by some sort of rules about this?  I've always thought that the light jersey was home and the dark one was away.  I could be wrong, but that's the way we've always done it so I thought there was some rule about it to make sure teams didn't wear the same color.  I'm not being ugly about it, I just thought it was a mistake on their part.......it was kind of funny when both teams pulled off their warm-up suits and both had on a gold jersey.  Our guys just simply went to the laundry room and changed to their black uniforms....no problem. :rolleyes:

825600892[/snapback]

The NFHS has said that starting either next season or the one after that (can't remember which), the home team will be REQUIRED to wear white. Not gold, not silver, not powder blue -- WHITE. Pretty much saying that every team will have to have two different sets of uniforms, to keep stuff like that from happening.

I don't have a problem with the gold jerseys -- the ones LC wears now are really nice -- but they have almost become cliche. Every team that has some gold in their colors are now wearing gold jerseys. I think Lake Co. should wear white at home and green on the road, and have the gold jerseys for "special" occasions, kinda like Notre Dame does with their green football jerseys.

LC does have two sets of hideously ugly uniforms (home and away) that I've only seen them wear once this year...when they went to the Marion tournament (because Marion boosters bought the uniforms for the team).

Of course, we DID have two really nice sets of white home uniforms and green road uniforms....that we wore for only one season....that we spent quite a bit of money on....that are now sitting in a closet somewhere.....but that's another story.

Edited by bigwes68

Halls has alot of different uniforms. I think maybe three or four. If I'm not mistakened, they have two uniforms for home and two for away. Halls wears the gold uniforms at home and the black uniforms away. Shoot, I think they get a new set every other year. Then they pass the others down to the junior high. :rolleyes:

ksluvsrvt... don't be so mean! ;)

The NFHS has said that starting either next season or the one after that (can't remember which), the home team will be REQUIRED to wear white. Not gold, not silver, not powder blue -- WHITE. Pretty much saying that every team will have to have two different sets of uniforms, to keep stuff like that from happening.

I don't have a problem with the gold jerseys -- the ones LC wears now are really nice -- but they have almost become cliche. Every team that has some gold in their colors are now wearing gold jerseys. I think Lake Co. should wear white at home and green on the road, and have the gold jerseys for "special" occasions, kinda like Notre Dame does with their green football jerseys.

LC does have two sets of hideously ugly uniforms (home and away) that I've only seen them wear once this year...when they went to the Marion tournament (because Marion boosters bought the uniforms for the team).

Of course, we DID have two really nice sets of white home uniforms and green road uniforms....that we wore for only one season....that we spent quite a bit of money on....that are now sitting in a closet somewhere.....but that's another story.

825601001[/snapback]

So as of right now there is NO rule about this? Not even a "rule of thumb"?

Edited by peabodymom

One of our colors is gold, everyone knows that!!!

825601217[/snapback]

Yes, so is ours and everyone knows that too. That's why I'm asking the questions about home/away jerseys. Just because your gold jersey is your favorite doesn't mean you get to wear it anytime you want. Gold may be our favorite jersey as well, however, many schools share colors and to keep them from wearing the same color on the same night, there has to be some sort of "agreement" to keep this from happening.