North Side beats Fairley 71-69!

gomab2

With Richard Delk and Dell Coleman in foul trouble the entire game before fouling out, and Chase Campbell and Anthony Coman both with 4 fouls, Jackson North Side hung on tonight 71-69 in an INTENSE game against Memphis Fairley in what had a Championship Game feel to it...

Reginald Delk had to have locked up the Mr. Basketball award tonight, having an unbelievable game, hitting threes, slashes to the basket, mid range jumpers, great D, and hitting the boards on his way to 28 points... Fairley fans after the game said there was no comparison between Delk and White Station's JP Prince, after facing both in the last few weeks... Reginald's will to win seemed to somehow carry the Indians through to state...

Key play of the game: With the game tied and two minutes remaining, Fairley with the ball and ALL of the momentum after two straight North Side turnovers (following Richard Delk and Dell Coleman fouling out), Fairley inexplicably decided to hold for the last shot. North Side had only one person that could defend inside, and no one outside of Reginald that could handle the rock against the Fairley pressure (and Fairley kept running two guys at Reginald after Richard fouled out), and Fairley had the momentum, yet decided to stall the ball, costing them the game. A Fairley turnover with 45 seconds left led to the winning layup by North Side, and a complete switch in momentum...

I agree wit u that Reginalds will to win is bigger than JP's. He didnt want to lose last nite. I saw you at game. Were u the guy in the Mid-State Ballers jacket talkin to TSU's head coach? I was rite in front of yall wit my WSHS jacket and 3 rings around my neck. Anyway.. I think the Mr. Basketball voting was done about 2 weeks ago. Im not sure but thats the way they did it last year. They vote for Mr. Basketball rite after the season so post season doesnt count. Thats how they screwed my god-brother Derrick Byars out of the award his senior year. He and Andre Allen had identical years but Dre's team beat Ridgeway in the city and he won the award because of that game. Derrick came back and beat him the region semi's and went on to win state but it didnt matter because the voting was doen after the city championship. They mite have changed the ay they do things but i think they already voted and i think JP got the nod because of his regualr season numbers. I love Reginalds game and he does do things on the court that JP wouldnt do. That was my first time seein him play since we beat them in the state last year. He has really improved and if Ridgeway doesnt close out on him and Richard then JNS will come back to Jackson wit the Gold Ball

Slim...

Man, you should have come and said hello... You looked familiar and I almost came up to you and your buddy to see who you were: I've seen you around in the past (maybe from when I coached Reiley and Pigram)...

Yeah, Reginald really put on a show last night... Richard has to stay out of foul trouble: Richard was the one with 27 the game before...