Great Season, Coalfield!

krichunaka

The Yellow Jackets had several opportunities to fold and go home; but they hung in against an Outstanding Peabody Team.

Congratulations on your first State Tournament appearance, Coalfield. I think you've proven a lot, with your win over Unaka, and your gritty performance against Peabody.

As to Peabody, continued success. You continue to prove you're one of the Very Best.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read in the Knoxville News paper that Kristan Conlon was afraid that the team had let the community down. Not so Kristan, the community is behind this team and any team Coalfield puts on the field or court. It has been a special year in C-town, you contributed. Hard work pays off, keep up the good work. Pride in your school and community. Hmmmmm, those are good kids.

Congratulations Coalfield on a great season and a gutty performance in your first trip to the state tourny. If the Jackson girl hadn't of gotten in foul trouble it might of been a different game. You kept fighting when you could have quit so you definitely earned my respect!! Young team hope to see ya'll there again next year!

There is NO WAY you could have dissapointed your community girls! Hold your heads high. We will miss our "MISS BASKETBALL", Casey Jackson, but look forward to cheering the rest of you girls on to state next year. And to the CRAZIES, you all did an excellent job. I hope you all will start the season next year like you ended it this year!

How could we forget the Coalfield Crazies? Man what a class act. They supported this team to the hilt. Jr. High kids were excellent and right there with the high school kids. Overall a good performance. Looks like we now turn to Softball for the ladies, and baseball for the youngmen and both have as good a shot as ever going to the State. Lady Jackets led by Ms. Jackson and her cohorts will be murder.

Coalfield Baseball, 1998 State Champs.

Hunt for the Trophy folks.

As a spokesperson for this community there is no way that the community is let down. Pride in the school from the students is up, and that is the most important thing at this point. Be proud of where your from, the support of the community when you do the right thing, and above all, take pride in yourself.

Go Jackets.

Peabody played well down the stretch and their experience in State tournament play helped, however I think the Coalfield girls showed that they belonged on the biggest high school basketball stage in the state.

Coach Hines has a great season to build on for next year and a lot of talent coming back. Someone will need to step up and be a leader on the court and off next year as Casey will be missed.

It was a great ride this year, ladies. Thanks for the trip and work hard in the offseason to get better. Next fall will be here before you know it.