Station Camp

Ragland

Station Camp lost 6 seniors this years. 3 Starters. They return leadin scorer Josh Jones and Justin Brinkley along with 3 other juniors in Kamron Kunce, Will Anderson and Brandon Reeves. Reeves was ineligible due to transfer but he will probably be the best athlete on the team with Jones right beside him. The X-Factor will be rising junior Drew McDonald. If Station Camp could get him going next year with his 6'5'' 230 lb. build I think they could be a force in the 8AA. Lipscomb is gone along with MLK,Springfield, East Literature and HumeFogg I believe. The new faces in the district will be goodpasture and whitehouse along with DCA. Macon Co is also gone. How do you think this will affect the district and also how do you think SC will be next year?

Definitely a different look for 8AA next year...probably won't be as strong as the past four years. I would say Station Camp, Greenbrier, and Goodpasture will be the top three with White House pretty close behind. Portland and DCA, I think, will be at the bottom, but who knows. I think SC and GB definitely lose alot more seniors than most teams (SC-6, GB-7) but these teams have some strong juniors and sophomores that I think will step up. Goodpasture has most everybody back so they should be pretty good.

Station Camp lost 6 seniors this years.  3 Starters.  They return leadin scorer Josh Jones and Justin Brinkley along with 3 other juniors in Kamron Kunce, Will Anderson and Brandon Reeves.  Reeves was ineligible due to transfer but he will probably be the best athlete on the team with Jones right beside him.  The X-Factor will be rising junior Drew McDonald.  If Station Camp could get him going next year with his 6'5'' 230 lb. build I think they could be a force in the 8AA.  Lipscomb is gone along with MLK,Springfield, East Literature and HumeFogg I believe.  The new faces in the district will be goodpasture and whitehouse along with DCA.  Macon Co is also gone.  How do you think this will affect the district and also how do you think SC will be next year?

825612666[/snapback]

Where did Reeves transfer from?

2005/2006 District 8-AA

DCA-Everybody back.

Goodpasture-My early pick to be the team to beat.

Greenbrier-Good size, lack depth.

Portland-Should be improved.

Station Camp-Another top team.

White House-Most everybody back including Jamison.

2005/2006 District 9-AA

This is one tough district.

CPA

David Lipscomb

Ezell Harding

Franklin Road

Hume Fogg

MLK

Pearl-Cohn

Springfield went to AAA, East Lit went to A, and Macon went east to 7-AA.

Reeves transferred from Hendersonville High School...he didn't play basketball there except for his freshman year...ineligible due to participation in track...Goodpasture should be really good next year with Zach Frey as their leader...even though the district got split up there are still alot of great players in the district...Zach Frey,Logan Greer,Josh Jones,Justin Brinkley,Zach Frye (Portland),not sure what DCA has,and the newest addition to the group is Steven Jamison...He played AAU with a lot of the players from Station Camp and from what Ive seen the kid has a lot of talent

Reeves transferred from Hendersonville High School...he didn't play basketball there except for his freshman year...ineligible due to participation in track...Goodpasture should be really good next year with Zach Frey as their leader...even though the district got split up there are still alot of great players in the district...Zach Frey,Logan Greer,Josh Jones,Justin Brinkley,Zach Frye (Portland),not sure what DCA has,and the newest addition to the group is Steven Jamison...He played AAU with a lot of the players from Station Camp and from what Ive seen the kid has a lot of talent

825615541[/snapback]

I played church ball with the kid and from what I have seen he is quite the player. Station Camp looks to be one of the top contenders next year for the 8-AA crown. If Reeves and Jones can lead the team, with Brinkley lighting it up every game, then they could beat most, if not all of the teams coming to join them next year. Even though I am off to college, I'll try to keep up with the High School games, especially with my boy Josh Jones.... (HAHA)

BIG BEN

What do all the teams in district 9aa look like next year?

I know CPA loses a lot and MLK

825616048[/snapback]

MLK Basketball will dramatically change after this year. Losing 6 key members of the Royals team, including star PG Johnny Lee and F Kris Smith, the Royals will look to Gerald Robinson (Probably the most underrated player on the MLK team this year), Clarence Smith, and John Hopson (a key starter this year). I think the X-Factor next year will be the leadership of Gerald Robinson. Johnny's shoes are some hard ones to fill, but if anyone can do it, it's Gerald. With an uncanny ability to get to the rim, and handles like nobody I've ever seen, Gerlad brings alot to the table and will give some teams some problems next year in 9-AA. John Hopson and Clarence Smith will provide the team with a ton of production, and also alot of experience. John will become the natural leader for the Royals, the question is simply can Gerald step up. Look for the Royals to be hurt with the losses of many key players next year, but still be able to ball with the best of them.

GOOD LUCK IN 05-06 ROYALS!

BIG BEN