How about honest soccer for a change?

Whitey

When you play a high profile team or a well coached team you'll have the tugging of shorts and obstructing play so you cant get a fast free kick. It is most definately part of the game and you must learn to deal because it does happen often. Im not saying i agree but it is part of the game.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whitey, that is soccer. I have grown up playing select soccer and currently play for my high school. You learn to deal with these things. Technically, these things are fouls, but many players know what they are doing when they do these things. This means that they know how to hide it, or at least know how to not make it look as bad. On the field, i will do whatever it takes to win, and if you have a problem with that , you can sign up at the Y or something.

Whitey, I tried to be nice... the fact is... you obviously do not know crap about soccer if you think trying to get a long ball every offensive possesion is dominating play. The fact is your team never put more than 2 passes together the whole night. A defender would get the ball --send it to mid field -- mid field would boot it and hope one of your guys got there.. If that is your idea of domination then it is definately time for you to try baseball 'cause you do not recognize the game of soccer at it's finest... Good Luck -- you are going to need it.

Thanks -- you are example of what is wrong with soccer today. Soccer has a bad rap at the state level not just here in Tennessee but in other states. In Florida, the High School folks there are fighting to try and keep the state from banning soccer as a High School sport because the behaviour of soccer players has gotten out of hand. Why don't you focus on cleaning up soccer instead of making excuses for poor sportsmanship and intentional rule breaking.

Where have any names been mentioned in this forum? I have not said who I play for or who we were playing or anything even like that. How do you know who is being talked about? Don't you think that it is telling when no names have been mentioned and people are able to tell who is being talked about? And finally, I think that it is telling to shamelessly admit that certain people see no problem with cheating being a part of the game or at least a part of their game. Now everyone knows that there are certain teams that think that it is ok to bend\break the rules to do anything it takes to win and it is ok. Indeed ... Thanks for showing the "true colors."

When we scrimmaged PJP II they played like any other competitive team would. They were agressive and intense. That is how soccer is played at the higher levels. If the referee does not call a foul, then you must play on. All the teams that play at the higher level of soccer will commit a foul or bend the rules a little in order to win. Seriously, just watch and English Premiere League game sometime when it's on ESPN. You will see that even at the highest level players constantly pull on each other's jerseys, stand too close to free kicks, and do whatever it takes to win. That is part of the game. Live with it or don't play soccer.

When we scrimmaged PJP II they played like any other competitive team would. They were agressive and intense. That is how soccer is played at the higher levels. If the referee does not call a foul, then you must play on. All the teams that play at the higher level of soccer will commit a foul or bend the rules a little in order to win. Seriously, just watch and English Premiere League game sometime when it's on ESPN. You will see that even at the highest level players constantly pull on each other's jerseys, stand too close to free kicks, and do whatever it takes to win. That is part of the game. Live with it or don't play soccer.

825613791[/snapback]

exactly, but Whitey cant grasp this concept

exactly, but Whitey cant grasp this concept

825614013[/snapback]

I dissagree. I think you can play at a high level, with class, and still have success.

Some of that is part of the game, but there comes a point where it over takes the game. That is where the line should be drawn.

I dissagree.  I think you can play at a high level, with class, and still have success. 

Some of that is part of the game, but there comes a point where it over takes the game.  That is where the line should be drawn.

825614478[/snapback]

Yeah. Just personal opinion about where that point is. Basically the only time I ever think it is taken too far is if a player is injured because of it. Just my personal opinion.

I dissagree. I think you can play at a high level, with class, and still have success.

Some of that is part of the game, but there comes a point where it over takes the game. That is where the line should be drawn

BigGExpress, thank you. You said it more eloquently but that in summary is the point that I was trying to make.

I am not naive and understand that some folks make those things a part of the game. My opinion is that the continued deliberate use of "tactics" designed to give a team an unfair advantage just stinks up the game and should be punished by the ref.

Edited by Whitey