Ezell Wins!

wizard

Can someone explain with the game 41-36, Ezell hits a three and they put 41-39 on the board. Then they change it to 41-37. Whats up with that? ;)

825620629[/snapback]

Ezell-Harding was given two points inadvertently by the score keeper when Gettis hit the 3 point shot. The score should have been 41-34. They gave Ezell-Harding four (4) points which made the score was 39-32. They later realized the mistake and corrected the score. Very few fan even noticed it because the game was so close.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to Ezell Harding! I am telling you before I make this statement that I would have said this is if cak had won anyway. But, 1 OF THE REFS WAS THE WORST I HAVE EVER SEEN! 1 ref in particular called the entire game while the others just stood around and watched him. CAK and E.H. were fouling the same amount but CAK got called for twice the fouls that E.H. did. I thought that state tourneys were supposed to have the best rated refs, but those refs were AWFUL! I couldn't believe it when the game was over. CAK dominated the first 3 quarters, and it was mainly our outsides shooters that scored. Novikoff had 3 fouls with around 7 mins. left in the 4th quarter. The next thing I know, Novikoff was out with 5 fouls, the last of which he was standing straight up, arms in the air after a free throw that had been missed. I am sorry, but I honestly think the refs were very biased. Anyone else who was there, please share an opinion.

Congratulations to Ezell Harding! I am telling you before I make this statement that I would have said this is if cak had won anyway. But, 1 OF THE REFS WAS THE WORST I HAVE EVER SEEN! 1 ref in particular called the entire game while the others just stood around and watched him.  CAK and E.H. were fouling the same amount but CAK got called for twice the fouls that E.H. did.  I thought that state tourneys were supposed to have the best rated refs, but those refs were AWFUL!  I couldn't believe it when the game was over.  CAK dominated the first 3 quarters, and it was mainly our outsides shooters that scored. Novikoff had 3 fouls with around 7 mins. left in the 4th quarter. The next thing I know, Novikoff was out with 5 fouls, the last of which he was standing straight up, arms in the air after a free throw that had been missed.  I am sorry, but I honestly think the refs were very biased.  Anyone else who was there, please share an opinion.

825620716[/snapback]

I thought the oficial let them play and CAK and Ezells' big men all fouled out which put the game in the hands of the guards. Our guard play was better in the OT period.

I thought the oficial let them play and CAK and Ezells' big men all fouled out which put the game in the hands of the guards. Our guard play was better in the OT period.

825620749[/snapback]

In basketball, there is no "let them play". Soccer and Football are two sports that can "let them play". In basketball, a foul is a foul. Basketball is a game where it doesn't take much to foul a person.

In basketball, there is no "let them play".  Soccer and Football are two sports that can "let them play".  In basketball, a foul is a foul.  Basketball is a game where it doesn't take much to foul a person.

825620779[/snapback]

I guess you haven't watched college and NBA basketball lately. What is a foul? Both teams were physical and the officiating was equal across the board

Congratulations to Ezell Harding! I am telling you before I make this statement that I would have said this is if cak had won anyway. But, 1 OF THE REFS WAS THE WORST I HAVE EVER SEEN! 1 ref in particular called the entire game while the others just stood around and watched him.  CAK and E.H. were fouling the same amount but CAK got called for twice the fouls that E.H. did.  I thought that state tourneys were supposed to have the best rated refs, but those refs were AWFUL!  I couldn't believe it when the game was over.  CAK dominated the first 3 quarters, and it was mainly our outsides shooters that scored. Novikoff had 3 fouls with around 7 mins. left in the 4th quarter. The next thing I know, Novikoff was out with 5 fouls, the last of which he was standing straight up, arms in the air after a free throw that had been missed.  I am sorry, but I honestly think the refs were very biased.  Anyone else who was there, please share an opinion.

825620716[/snapback]

What type of cheese would you like with that "whine"?

In case you haven't noticed, one of the aspects of high school basketball is overcoming refs that are not the greatest in the world. Bet you've won some games and had a chance to get this far because the refs called a game poorly agianst one of your opponents at one point in the season. I am not an Ezell fan, but you have to take the good with the bad in HS basketball. That's just the way it goes.

I guess you haven't watched college and NBA basketball lately. What is a foul? Both teams were physical and the officiating was equal across the board

825620784[/snapback]

There is no way that you can tell me that the officiating was equal across the board. Also, I watch college basketball all the time.

Good job Ezell , both teams played a great game to the very end. in the beginning i thought ezell was gonna be trailin the whole game, but in the third period, they dominated! it was a very close game all the way to the last shot in over time. good job to both teams, but that sure is a sucky way to lose if i went to CAK! Ezells outside game was aweful in the first half, usually we have 3 pointers all up on the board, but today they just didnt fall. good luck to ezell on friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!