Any news from TN Tech summer camp or others?

bobcatfan300

I'm new to the area but went to watch Monterey play a Memorial gym at Tech recently and saw 1st half of Upperman and Pickett. Monterey will be a different team this year with the addition of a couple of transfers. The big kid is around 6' 7" maybe 245 has some range and good hands around the basket not as athletic as some of the other players but will help them. Over all they looked pretty good. The Upperman Pickett game was ugly refs were letting them play way to physical. To young refs looked barley out of high school. Pickett has a couple of good shooters one was red head #10 not sure the other ones number short guard. Upperman had one good shooter dark headed kid and there big kid was getting swarmed and mauled. He finally just created contact knocked down the defender and scored no call. Looked like Pickett was determined to not let the big kid score if he touched the ball they swarmed him but I left at half. Both team got up and down the floor well but were really going after each other. I can't imagine they will be aloud to play that physical in school ball.

Where did the Monterey transfers come from? Yes I have watched Dawson Abbott hit threes all night long for a couple of years now. Pickett has more than a couple of good shooters. Their big man (Upperman) is a transfer from Clay County last year...Josh Endicott and has helped them a lot. I know both Pickett & Upperman will be very good. Clay lost a lot but have this year's most likely Mr. Basketball Key back. Jackson lost their coach and that us always tough when they are a good coach like he is. Clarkrange lost a lot too. But, I am wondering how they, and York, LA, etc are doing. Thanks.