• Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

Welcome to CoachT.com Message Boards

Take part in our online community by signing up! Get in the game today! This message disappears when you sign in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CASC95

Travels & Charges

I have been at the State Tournament all week and I can't help notice all of the travel and charge calls. I would say that 60% of those calls should not been made. Has anyone else noticed this?

Yeeeeessssss!!!! I made a post about this as well. Apparently this decision was handed down from the T$$AA head of officials, was told this directly by a former official who has worked the state tourney, & championship Saturday we won't see these calls as much. It's effected every single game. It's been beyond frustrating to watch.

I should have searched before I started a new thread. However, I'm not saying this to be mean, but sometimes I wander if the game is to fast for some officials, especially the travelling calls.  How many times do they call traveling as the player is about to make a move to the basket from either side of the wings. The charges have been crazy. It appears that a player only has to graze the defender as they are going to their side to be called. It has been frustrating to watch.

I agree with the speed. Refs from East TN are 1000% not use to the speed of a Memphis East and such. But this has been infuriating to watch. They have made sure to become part of the equation of the outcome of the games. And I have no affiliation with any school either.