Houston @ Whitehaven

kwc

Last week, Houston beat Bartlett by one to a tune of 14-13 to go 2-3 on the season, with those two wins being region games. (Note: I don't really know how to count the Henry County game ... I listed it as a loss, but it might not count at all ... read below) Whitehaven just beat a determined Germantown team by a score of 21-14 this past Thursday to go 5-0 on the season. Both teams are 2-0 in region play.

Both teams have played against two common opponents. Germantown and Ridgeway. Houston beat Germantown 39-7 when they played. Whitehaven recently beat Ridgeway 28-7 while Houston lost to them in the first game of the season 46-10. Houston's non-region schedule is nothing to sneeze at because they have played (4A) Ridgeway, (D2-AA) CBHS, and (5A) Henry County (The Henry County game did not play to completion due to an electric storm ... I'm not sure if they even finished the 1st quarter). Whitehaven's non-region games are (2A) Mitchell, (6A) Florence (AL), and (4A) Ridgeway.

How do you see this game playing out?

Edited by kwc

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure Houston will play much better against us, otherwise we will get a chance to play quite a few young guys. I hope we jump on these folks early. Don't give them any hope

The more young guys we can play the better, but our starters need to come in focused. I'm sure the coaches will have them ready. We have to remain humble and hungry!

Edited by kwc

I like this Shelby Metro Sports Blog website. They do a very good job of keeping up with the Shelby County high school football data. I especially like the two different pages they keep for statistical comparison's sake. This Updated Individual Stats page is updated each Thursday of the week taking into account all of the previous weeks data. It currently shows all of the collected data up and through last weeks games. 

The Updated Team Stats page is also updated each Thursday. I think this is a great source of information.

Kudo's for the job they do! I look forward to each Thursday looking to see how Whitehaven stacks up both individually per leading players and as a team.

I remember there was a day when beating a County school seemed sooooooo hard for us. Thank God for Saulsberry and all of our COLLEGE GRADS (including myself ) for coming back to make it a regular occurrence

RESPECT DA HAVEN

It is a beautiful sight see from the stands to look out on the sidelines and see all of those Whitehaven alum assisting as coaches on the sidelines. Class of 83, class of 91, so on and so forth. Most of them volunteers. How many alum would you say are out there? I even heard that coach Collins was out there at some point doing some special work with the DEs. Now, you know that is going waaaaaay back. 

It is a beautiful sight see from the stands to look out on the sidelines and see all of those Whitehaven alum assisting as coaches on the sidelines. Class of 83, class of 91, so on and so forth. Most of them volunteers. How many alum would you say are out there? I even heard that coach Collins was out there at some point doing some special work with the DEs. Now, you know that is going waaaaaay back.

Everyone on the staff which may be 15 some odd fellows are alumni minus like 3 guys I think.