Top Seniors

basketballnuts

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're gonna have to look at four year starters, post Paige McFarlin, point guard Christian Gibson, and do-it-all guard Casey Pique from Mt. Juliet. It would be great for Paige to join Alysha Clark at Belmont. Gibson is the floor leader and a great quarterback on the floor while Casey drew the defensive assigments this year and still made 60+ threes. They should all be playing on the next level. thumb

Top recruits or so I have heard from the 06 class.

1. Cait McMahan (Heritage)-- signed with UTK Lady Vols--- enuf said!!!! Already scored 2000 plus points. By far the number one player in the state. AAA Miss Basketball finalist. Would have won it in any other classification but was behind Clark. Small but can shoot, dish and play D

2. Brandi Brown(York)--possibly Clemson, Vanderbilt, or several other D1 schools. Miss BBall finalist. Averaged over 30 points a game during tournaments. Can post or pull out for the jumpshot.

3. Latoya Bellamy(Westview) Could possibly go to Florida with others from W. TN

Memphis should be getting a commitment from her. Miss BB finalist. Strong inside presence.

4. Bianca Thomas---(Chester County) Miss Basketball, could be looking at Major D1 before the summer is over. Perhaps, a Memphis, Western KY or Mississppi school. Had an awesome state tournament. Opened some eyes to colleges. Will score 2000 before Christmas next year.

5. Paige McFarlin (Mt. Juliet) Xavier and Evansville taking serious looks at her. Looked like a million dollars in state. Set a tournament record.

6. KeKe Stewert (Oak Ridge)---may be a Lady Vol, who knows? If she has a good summer, she could take her pick. May be one of the all time greats from OR. The only thing OR had this year. BIg, athletic, strong and can score. Coaches like her attitude. Looking for her to make a decision after the summer.

7. Jackie Pickel---(Bradley Central) Clemson, UTC or Maryland bound? Possibly Vanderbilt or Tech? Again, the summer will decide. Should be Another 2000 point club member next season. Most athletic on list which adds to the interest of colleges.

8. Jana Cross (Loretto)---Another possibility for Vanderbilt? MTSU? Austin Peay? I think Belmont would be a great choice for her. Yet another member of the 2000 club next season. Had a disappointing year this year.

9. Anne Marie Lanning---(Riverdale)--- Is she 06 or 07? Look for her to sign with MTSU... Just a prediction.... Got better as the year went on. Playing out of position on high school team.

10. Alison Butler---(Walker Valley)--- Had a great first game in state. UTC? Western Carolina? Belmont? Or possibly a newcomer since then. 5'9 left handed point guard!

11. Casha Foster--- Cumberland County-- short, but quick. Tennessee Tech or Carson Newman???? Led team to substate and district championship...

I know I have left out somebody on here. I'm sorry. These are the main girls I have heard about, watched and read about. Most of these girls have already had offers to D1 schools but are waiting until after the summer to decide.

ladycav#11,

Some of the information that you are putting on this post is completey false. Cait has not signed with TN. She has verbably committed to TN. Juniors cannot sign a letter of intent. She can sign in the fall of 2005 during her Senior year. KeKe Stewart at this point is not and has not been recruited by TN. She has drawn some interest from other SEC schools but not TN. Please don't put out false information on these boards. If it is your opinion, please state that.

Top recruits or so I have heard from the 06 class.

1. Cait McMahan (Heritage)-- signed with UTK Lady Vols--- enuf said!!!! Already scored 2000 plus points. By far the number one player in the state. AAA Miss Basketball finalist. Would have won it in any other classification but was behind Clark. Small but can shoot, dish and play D

2. Brandi Brown(York)--possibly Clemson, Vanderbilt, or several other D1 schools. Miss BBall finalist. Averaged over 30 points a game during tournaments. Can post or pull out for the jumpshot.

3. Latoya Bellamy(Westview)  Could possibly go to Florida with others from W. TN

Memphis should be getting a commitment from her. Miss BB finalist. Strong inside presence.

4. Bianca Thomas---(Chester County) Miss Basketball, could be looking at Major D1 before the summer is over. Perhaps, a Memphis, Western KY or Mississppi school. Had an awesome state tournament. Opened some eyes to colleges. Will score 2000 before Christmas next year.

5. Paige McFarlin (Mt. Juliet) Xavier and Evansville taking serious looks at her. Looked like a million dollars in state. Set a tournament record.

6. KeKe Stewert (Oak Ridge)---may be a Lady Vol, who knows? If she has a good summer, she could take her pick. May be one of the all time greats from OR. The only thing OR had this year. BIg, athletic, strong and can score. Coaches like her attitude. Looking for her to make a decision after the summer.

7. Jackie Pickel---(Bradley Central) Clemson, UTC or Maryland bound? Possibly Vanderbilt or Tech? Again, the summer will decide.  Should be Another 2000 point club member next season. Most athletic on list which adds to the interest of colleges.

8. Jana Cross (Loretto)---Another possibility for Vanderbilt? MTSU? Austin Peay? I think Belmont would be a great choice for her. Yet another member of the 2000 club next season. Had a disappointing year this year.

9. Anne Marie Lanning---(Riverdale)--- Is she 06 or 07? Look for her to sign with MTSU... Just a prediction.... Got better as the year went on. Playing out of position on high school team.

10. Alison Butler---(Walker Valley)--- Had a great first game in state. UTC? Western Carolina? Belmont? Or possibly a newcomer since then.  5'9 left handed point guard!

11. Casha Foster--- Cumberland County-- short, but quick. Tennessee Tech or Carson Newman???? Led team to substate and district championship...

I know I have left out somebody on here. I'm sorry. These are the main girls I have heard about, watched and read about. Most of these girls have already had offers to D1 schools but are waiting until after the summer to decide.

825627208[/snapback]

You definitely dont know your stuff!

Cait hasn't signed with UT, but more and likely will. Paige McFarlin is definitely not a top 5 senior in state for next year. Keke Stewart is DEFINITELY not going to be a Lady Vol no matter what kind of year she has. Jana Cross had a disappointing year? They girl averaged a doulbe double almost 20 and 10 a game. Annie Marie Lanning is going to be a junior and she is a pure scorer from any were on the court. You have one thing right the pickel girl is the most athletic.

Hey. All of the players and schools I mentioned were just simply some possibities. I never said KeKe had been recruited by Pat at UT, I simply said something to the effect of maybe or maybe not she would be a lady Vol. It is not false about Cait. She has committed, not signed with UT. Sorry. Thomas, I never said where she was going. Everything I wrote was a maybe or maybe not. Somebody said last week at the state that Memphis wanted Thomas. I am sure that SEC schools are wanting her too. I never said anything about any definite offers. I could have listed alot more schools for all these players but I only put a few. Sorry. Just specualting on where these seniors might decide to go. Anybody disagree with my top picks, xcept for McFarlin. I do think she is a top recruit. Wait and see how she does over the summer. Sorry if I made anybody upset. I was just trying to give some opinions, not making false statements. And about the Cross girl. I didn't mean she had a disappointing year personally but her team didn't do like they were supposed to. She would have had more publicity if her team was better this year.

Edited by ladycav#11

Guest ladyfalcon10
Hey. All of the players and schools I mentioned were just simply some possibities. I never said KeKe had been recruited by Pat at UT, I simply said something to the effect of maybe or maybe not she would be a lady Vol. It is not false about Cait. She has committed, not signed with UT. Sorry. Thomas, I never said where she was going. Everything I wrote was a maybe or maybe not. Somebody said last week at the state that Memphis wanted Thomas. I am sure that SEC schools are wanting her too. I never said anything about any definite offers. I could have listed alot more schools for all these players but I only put a few. Sorry. Just specualting on where these seniors might decide to go. Anybody disagree with my top picks, xcept for McFarlin. I do think she is a top recruit. Wait and see how she does over the summer. Sorry if I made anybody upset. I was just trying to give some opinions, not making false statements. And about the Cross girl.  I didn't mean she had a disappointing year personally but her team didn't do like they were supposed to. She would have had more publicity if her team was better this year.

825627443[/snapback]

DON`T FORGET ABOUT CHELSEY GEANES and CHRISTIAN CLAY FROM LAKE COUNTY!!!! LAKE COUNTY SHOULD BE PRETTY GOOD THIS YEAR, EVERYONE IS RETURNING

y'all are leaving out one of the better players in tn basketball, k. edney from perry county.  isn't she miss basketball class A?  who is she getting looks from?

825628942[/snapback]

The Tennessean reported early in the season that Edney was getting looks from and considering the University of Alabama and the University of Georgia. Now that comes from the Tennessean so I don't know how accurate that information is, but while at one Perry County game this year, I heard some people mentioning those same schools when her name was brought up.