watuaga conference

cougar_scout

who will be the top dog this season in the watuga conference? i was kinda disapointed with preseason predictions with unicoi that high but after there loss to the cougars tonite they will drop. i see north beating some people and hv getting the big head. volunteer could be a sleeper team this year and pull a couple of upsets! what are your thoughts on the conference?

who will be the top dog this season in the watuga conference? i was kinda disapointed with preseason predictions with unicoi that high but after there loss to the cougars  tonite they will drop. i see north beating some people and hv getting the big head. volunteer could be a sleeper team this year and pull a couple of upsets! what are your thoughts on the conference?

825626615[/snapback]

North appears to be as dangerous a team as any team in the conference. Baxter has his work cut out for him at Unicoi this year, but give him some time and the ship will be righted, maybe by tourny time. Not that they are bad, just not what we are used to seeing out of a Baxter team. Happy Valley is loaded with talent if they can keep their heads screwed on right. Bunch of players. Don't know much about Volunteer, A win vs. Unicoi win is always impressive, but I don't know much about Central either. Elizabethton will struggle with the mound and sticks.

Who can play great defense and if their pitching holds up thru out the season is who is going to be tough. BUT, I've always been big on those two projects in particular. Yea, I know, you have to score also. B)

Edited by GLee

I wouldn't count Unicoi out just yet. North is going to be a factor for sure. HV will also. Nobody is talking much about Krantz' bunch at Central and if you forget about them that would be a mistake. Volunteer may be the surprise team out of all of them but it's still early and they still have to prove themselves against an upper tier conference foe before that statement would hold up. And don't overlook JC and Betsy or you'll go home with a loss.

What a great competitive Conference we play in!

Good luck to all the Watauga Conference teams.