BA

BAfan1

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How far will BA go this year and who are there key players?

825630112[/snapback]

Since just about everyone gets to go to the state tourney in Div II, they might make it there....but they dont have the pitching to beat most of the good private schools. The chattanooga teams are pretty good this year, and also others such as St. Benedict, and Father Ryan.

I saw BA play out at the Beech playdays -- looked pretty good they finished 5th with a loss to Beech after Shelby had already pitched 6 games... I mean you cant take anything away from either one of the Mashburn sisters, they know how to play ball.

Rumor is going around the ballpark that Shelby is hurt and out for a couple weeks - does anybody know any details relating to her injury? With her being BA's only pitcher, that would be the only thing that puts a hinderence on them going to state in May.

I saw BA play out at the Beech playdays -- looked pretty good they finished 5th with a loss to Beech after Shelby had already pitched 6 games...  I mean you cant take anything away from either one of the Mashburn sisters, they know how to play ball.

Rumor is going around the ballpark that Shelby is hurt and out for a couple weeks - does anybody know any details relating to her injury? With her being BA's only pitcher, that would be the only thing that puts a hinderence on them going to state in May.

825634122[/snapback]

I agree, the Mashburn sisters definitely know how to play ball, but unfortunately for BA, Riley plays for Brentwood and not them, cuz she is the better pitcher of the two. Playdays dont really give a true indication of of a team, because the season hasnt started, so the coaches let a lot of the younger players play that might not normally play during the regular season. I think Riverdale lost several games in the playdays, and look where they are now. I have seen BA play several times, and I think this is the weakest team they have had in at least 15 years, so getting to the state tourney will be tough for them to do.

You clearly have not seen both girls pitch very much. I would never say that its fair for sisters to have a competition for who is better. They each have a completely different pitching style and are both very effective at what they do. I've watched both of them for years as my daughter has played ball for Chuck. I would even go so far to say I wouldnt be surprised if they both had the same ERAs. It is unfortunate that Riley goes to Brentwood, but I wouldn't take anything away from BA for that.

I guess the best thing to do is wait it out and see what happens in May!

Good luck Shelby and Riley, you are both awesome ball players and hope to see you do well this year.

Edited by vandy36

You clearly have not seen both girls pitch very much. I would never say that its fair for sisters to have a competition for who is better. They each have a completely different pitching style and are both very effective at what they do. I've watched both of them for years as my daughter has played ball for Chuck. I would even go so far to say I wouldnt be surprised if they both had the same ERAs. It is unfortunate that Riley goes to Brentwood, but I wouldn't take anything away from BA for that.

I guess the best thing to do is wait it out and see what happens in May!

Good luck Shelby and Riley, you are both awesome ball players and hope to see you do well this year.

825634717[/snapback]

oh yes, i have seen them pitch many, many times. I didnt say shelby was a bad pitcher...but riley is better. riley not only is one of the best freshmen in the state, she is one of the best at any class in the state. Since Brentwood doesnt allow very many runs, riley's era is pretty close to being zero, i'm sure, and she also has faced much better competition.

Edited by Bleacherbum

Weakest team in 15 years? Not going to make it to state? Tell me whose going instead? Im curious to know your opinion BUM!

825634731[/snapback]

No question this is the weakest BA team in at least 15 years. Can you tell me which team would be weaker than this year's team? They have always had dominating pitching, and this year they dont...and also dont have many hitters, so they wont score many runs. I didnt say they wouldnt make it to the state, I just said its going to be hard for them. Father Ryan is definitely a better team, and i wouldnt be surprised if BGA isnt stronger, but i havent seen them yet. If Shelby doesnt get well, then i would say that they wont make it to state.