TSLA Players of the Week

laxdaddy

TSLA PLAYERS OF THE WEEK

March 13th to 20th

HIGH SCHOOL DIVISION I: Will Taylor, Junior Attackman from Webb Bell Buckle who helped his team win the South Forsyth tournamnet. Will had 12 goals and 6 assists in Webb's victories over South Forsyth, GA. (18-4), Nease HS, FL (10-4) and Northview, GA (9-8). Will had five goals and 3 assists against South Forsyth, five goals and one assist against Nease HS and two goals and two assists in the championship game against Northview.

March 21st to 27th 2005

HIGH SCHOOL DIVISION I: Kyle McMillan of Houston High School and Chris Taylor of Christian Brothers High School were named co-players of the week in TN Boys High School Lacrosse. McMillan, a junior attackman had 10 goals and two assists in leading Houston to a16-0 win over Collierville High School and a 17-5 victory over White Station High School. Taylor, a senior goalie, had 17 saves in a 9-7 victory over Memphis University School.

Found this all on www.tnlax.com

Yes, they also give player of the week for DII. That should have been mentioned.

TSLA PLAYER OF THE WEEK

March 13th to 20th 2005

HIGH SCHOOL-DIVISION II: Phillip Burke sophomore midfielder of Ravenwood High School (Williamson County/Nashville TN), who led his team to a 7-3 victory over Franklin High School with 2 goals, one assist. . Burke also won three face offs without any face off losses.

There was not a DII player of the week March 21-28.

Yes TSLA Players of the week are new for 2005. I am responsible for distributing the results. Unfortunately (due to spring breaks I believe) there were no nominations for D2 player of the week last week. Player of the week nominations come from the respective coaches and are voted on by a non aligned member of the TSLA board.The TSLA board believes that items like this are "packaged" stories that will promote more media coverage for the game statewide.Inside Lacrosse has published these results on their website also. Stay tuned we are working on a coaches poll + Laxpower poll= TN "BCS" Lacrosse standings in the near future. Just for fun