McMinn County Tournament

soccer_wv_freak

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last info I had included Cleveland, Walker Valley, Knox Catholic, Bearden, Gallatin, Ooltewah, Rossview, and McMinn....the stronger teams should be Bearden, Catholic, and McMinn...don't really know anything about Gallatin....Catholic and Bearden have some strong seniors....McMinn has a few seniors and a few juniors that can play, but their not as strong in the back as they were last year...it will be interesting...

oh well of course everyone knows that mcminn county,bearden,and knox catholic will be the big dogs...i mean just with the reputation they have from previous years..they just dont get bad all the sudden..but do you think any of these other teams have any chance in beating them..if so..which top team will go down and to who?

whats the difference between a round robin and a tourney? so this is just kind of like a play day?

825633776[/snapback]

In a round robin format each team plays every other team and the team with the best overall record (usually on points) taking the championship. In an eight team tournament format the teams are divided into divisions. Then each team plays every other team in its division with the top teams in each division after preliminary games (on points) playing each other for the title. In the latter format, you don't get to play every team in the tournament.

I have been under the weather (to say the least). I am having to redo the schedule a little, WV has their prom on that Sat. so i am trying to readjust the sat schedule.

the tourn will not be a true tourn., since different teams are having different needs- needs to play certain days or certain opponents.

As soon as i get it redone, i will post it on this thread. We hope to have 4 GREAT days of soccer.