Hickman CO

bluengold

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest catfish-hunter
What will be Hickman County be running of "O" and "D"? 

How will the Bulldogs do next year?

Have you heard anything.

825637569[/snapback]

I'd be willing to beat money that on offense they run the Wing-T thumb

Defensively, who knows????

I'd be willing to beat money that on offense they run the Wing-T thumb

Defensively, who knows????

825637592[/snapback]

Guaranteed they'll be in the wing t. Guaranteed they'll hit you in the mouth and be physical. Don't know about defense but i'd bet my house you'll see a dang good high school offense on the field. thumb I think me and some buds are going down to see their first game against lewis co. I believe its week 0. Might be a humdinger. Did Hickman co. beat lewis co. last year, if not, whens the last time they did?

Edited by DearOldDad

• 2 weeks later...

We only beat Harpeth. Right after that, Harpeth's team fell apart. That was the first win in two years. You can Google for Harpeth Hickman Football and look for the Tennessean link to read that crazy article.

Back in the good ol' days, everyone around here always talked about football. In a good light. That talk is back. I would never promise great things from any team here, but at least there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Coach Swenson will have talent to work with. Some of the kids won several league titles as 12 and under players so at least they are coachable.

Add to the excitement of a new coach, opening against Lewis County. A rivalry that goes way back to when Hickman was AA. That first game will be crowded.

Everything will be new this year at HCHS. Coach, uniforms, attitude, ... It has to be better than the last 10 or so years.

We only beat Harpeth. Right after that, Harpeth's team fell apart. That was the first win in two years. You can Google for Harpeth Hickman Football and look for the Tennessean link to read that crazy article.

Back in the good ol' days, everyone around here always talked about football. In a good light. That talk is back. I would never promise great things from any team here, but at least there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Coach Swenson will have talent to work with. Some of the kids won several league titles as 12 and under players so at least they are coachable.

Add to the excitement of a new coach, opening against Lewis County. A rivalry that goes way back to when Hickman was AA. That first game will be crowded.

Everything will be new this year at HCHS. Coach, uniforms, attitude, ... It has to be better than the last 10 or so years.

825652741[/snapback]

You folks are fixing to see some BIIIIIIG changes. I'm coming to the first game, can't wait. Have you guys had spring yet?

Hickman has always been a physical team. Now with a great coach bringing in a new attitude this team will become winners real fast down in Centerville. Having the regions realigned will help out the Bulldogs in 2005. They wil still have tough teams as Hillsboro, Stratford, and Whites Creek to deal with. But they will push for a playoff spot if the coach gets the kids to buy into his system.

Guest catfish-hunter
Hickman has always been a physical team. Now with a great coach bringing in a new attitude this team will become winners real fast down in Centerville. Having the regions realigned will help out the Bulldogs in 2005. They wil still have tough teams as Hillsboro, Stratford, and Whites Creek to deal with. But they will push for a playoff spot if the coach gets the kids to buy into his system.

825652854[/snapback]

B-I-N-G-O

B-I-N-G-O

825653100[/snapback]

Are the fans and administration very supporting of football over there? Its got to be exciting times in centerville. How soon can you realistically expect a turnaround though?I'm very unfamiliar with that part of tn. Rumor is they will drop to 2A in 06 or 07, which region will they be in?

Are the fans and administration very supporting of football over there? Its got to be exciting times in centerville. How soon can you realistically expect a turnaround though?I'm very unfamiliar with that part of tn. Rumor is they will drop to 2A in 06 or 07, which region will they be in?

825653230[/snapback]

When we played them in Football it was always an intense game because of the rivarly between us. Hickman comes out hitting and never stops. The fan following seems ok, but nothing extraordinary, but if they start winning I know the Bulldog nation will revive. They just havent had the athletes to compete in their region week in and week out. I doubt they will drop to 2A because there attendance number stands right now at 1001. They are buidling a new high school in HickmanCo. but I don't believe it will be finished until 2007 or 2008, I am not sure. They will probably drop down to 3A and I have no clue what region they would be put in cause Region 5 would be the logical choice but they already have 8 teams, but more than likey will be put there..Catfish may have some thoughts on this.

When we played them in Football it was always an intense game because of the rivarly between us. Hickman comes out hitting and never stops. The fan following seems ok, but nothing extraordinary, but if they start winning I know the Bulldog nation will revive. They just havent had the athletes to compete in their region week in and week out. I doubt they will drop to 2A because there attendance number stands right now at 1001. They are buidling a new high school in HickmanCo. but I don't believe it will be finished until 2007 or 2008, I am not sure. They will probably drop down to 3A and I have no clue what region they would be put in cause Region 5 would be the logical choice but they already have 8 teams, but more than likey will be put there..Catfish may have some thoughts on this.

825653236[/snapback]

Isn't the cutoff for 2A like 675 or so? I've heard they'll be a big 2A, kinda like Camden.

The last I heard, we are planning on populating each school with about 650 kids. We also hope that both schools will go to the same district. So, it isn't just a dropping out of 4A football for Hickman to consider, but where will both Hickman and East Hickman land.

We are in the middle of clearing the land for East Hickman which will be about a mile and half on Highway 7. Find the intersection of Highways 7, 46 and 100. Then go down 7 just a bit, on the right. About 10 miles or so from Fairview.

As far as the fans, I still go to every game. Games are still crowded but not like the old 9AA days. Fans want the team to turn around. The administration wants it as well. The superintendent wants it.

I'm not sure what they are doing about Spring Practice. Coach only gets to come in about 3 times a week. So it is kind of hard to do something every day. I do know alot of the baseball team also plays football, so that might hamper him a bit.

The last I heard, we are planning on populating each school with about 650 kids. We also hope that both schools will go to the same district. So, it isn't just a dropping out of 4A football for Hickman to consider, but where will both Hickman and East Hickman land.

We are in the middle of clearing the land for East Hickman which will be about a mile and half on Highway 7. Find the intersection of Highways 7, 46 and 100. Then go down 7 just a bit, on the right. About 10 miles or so from Fairview.

As far as the fans, I still go to every game. Games are still crowded but not like the old 9AA days. Fans want the team to turn around. The administration wants it as well. The superintendent wants it.

I'm not sure what they are doing about Spring Practice. Coach only gets to come in about 3 times a week. So it is kind of hard to do something every day. I do know alot of the baseball team also plays football, so that might hamper him a bit.

825653344[/snapback]

Its pretty obvious i'm both a friend and a fan of your coach. I think you guys got one heck of a deal and i'm still not sure how you did it. How are the asst. coaches there?