Huntsville tournament

s3softball

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I played in some great softball games over the years at Palmer Park.

It is in Madison Alabama.

If going south on I-65 and then heading in on I-565 to Huntsville, Madison

and the park will be on your left.

Don't laugh, but I haven't been there in 20 years, but Palmer Park is

right near downtown Madison. I can only imagine what downtown Madison

looks like now compared to 20 years ago...

Bob Jones Invitational Tournament in Huntsville, Pool Pairings and Brackets are posted at this website: CAP Sports move your mouse over CS Express, click on High School Softball, then select either the Pool Pairings or the Pool Play Brackets. This tournament has over 50 teams registered from 4 Southeastern States. Scores will be updated at this site as we get them.

s3softball - Take I65 to Athens exit Hwy 72. Turn left. Keep going straight untill you see a Chick-fil-a. Turn right at the Palmer Park sign. Go straight untill you see another sign and turn right. Park is down the road on the left. There is another road you can turn on as you first get into Madison but I can't remember it's name. It's either County Line Road or the road just passed it. Then you turn left at a convenience store and the park is on the right. Since Becky can't play, we'll be working the car wash for "Project Graduation" Saturday. GOOD LUCK & GO LADY LIONS!!

Edited by coachrt

It's too bad we can't get some city/county leaders to attend some of these big tourneys and let them see what happens when you have quality fields and facilities. When I was on the Columbia Girls Fastpitch board we tried to get some new fields, but all we got was a new bathroom. There is a multi-sport complex rumor going around but as far as I know that's still all it is. They can't see the multi-thousands of dollars that are spent by players and families each year. Most of your major complexes have a tourney each weekend from April to November. Tell me that's not making money at the restaurants and motels!