i smell a upset brewing.

CATBIDDLE

If they dont have the team to back them up...they too lose.  It is a team game, not just pitching....

825639884[/snapback]

Everyone here has said Ooltewah cant play defense....but if Waters was on that team, they would be tops in Chattanooga...thats what a Great pitcher will do for a team.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not if your a great pitcher just ask BleacherBum great pitchers don't lose!

825639870[/snapback]

OH COME ON GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!!!!!!!! NOBODY IS PERFECT AND IF THEY ARE I'D LIKE TO MEET THEM.............EVERY PITCHER LOSES @ LEAST 1 OR 2 GAMES A YEAR.............JUST BECAUSE SHE GOT BEAT BY 4 RUNS, YOU DON'T THINK SHE'S A GREAT PITCHER..........ASK A GREAT/GOOD PITCHER FROM RIVERDALE, BEECH, LINCOLN COUNTY, AND BRENTWOOD AND SEE IF THEY DON'T SAY @ ONE POINT IN THERE HIGH SCHOOL CAREER, THEY DIDN'T GET BEAT BY 4 OR MORE RUNS............

Everyone here has said Ooltewah cant play defense....but if Waters was on that team, they would be tops in Chattanooga...thats what a Great pitcher will do for a team.

825639889[/snapback]

Only if they had the Soddy coach too......because the way it sounds the outfielders dont catch balls and the infield makes errors and coach doesnt do anything about it....Waters would also loss. She doesnt have a 0 ERA and that is what it would take.....

Guess what if you put that "great pitcher" on a weak team...no defense and no hitting you know longer have a great pitcher...sorry that's just how it works.

825639868[/snapback]

What about megan rhodes of Lipscomb last year?...I would consider her being a great pitcher....her team couldnt score a run unless she knocked it in herself...but yet they made it to state....so a real dominating pitcher can carry a team. she must of won at least 15 games 1-0

OH COME ON GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!!!!!!!! NOBODY IS PERFECT AND IF THEY ARE I'D LIKE TO MEET THEM.............EVERY PITCHER LOSES @ LEAST 1 OR 2 GAMES A YEAR.............JUST BECAUSE SHE GOT BEAT BY 4 RUNS, YOU DON'T THINK SHE'S A GREAT PITCHER..........ASK A GREAT/GOOD PITCHER FROM RIVERDALE, BEECH, LINCOLN COUNTY, AND BRENTWOOD AND SEE IF THEY DON'T SAY @ ONE POINT IN THERE HIGH SCHOOL CAREER, THEY DIDN'T GET BEAT BY 4 OR MORE RUNS............

825639891[/snapback]

Look up their records...I know you wont see Peronni from Goodpasture, or Waters from Soddy...and probably Stanfill from Beech or Catalano ever giving up 2 home runs in a game.

Only if they had the Soddy coach too......because the way it sounds the outfielders dont catch balls and the infield makes errors and coach doesnt do anything about it....Waters would also loss.  She doesnt have a 0 ERA and that is what it would take.....

825639895[/snapback]

I dont know Clifford personally, but I have seen him coach enough to know that he would make changes.

825639889[/snapback]

I disagree if Waters was on the Ooltewah team she would have to win a lot of 1 run extra inning games on her own and she would have games where she wasn't with it and God Forbid she would lose 7 to 3. She is a great pitcher on a great team with a great coach it takes it all!

If a great pitcher can carry the team all by herself, what good are the 7 players behind her?  Otherwise there would only be two players on the team and you would not need the other 7.

825640139[/snapback]

quit making excuses the ooltewah pitcher got the heck beatout of her.

Well lets just face it, people from Soddy think that they are the only players and parents who can play softball, everyone else is just a scrub to them. So there is no point in anyone trying to say that someone is a good pitcher/player or whatever if they dont go to Soddy... because it is automatically obvious that anyone else just doesnt have the talent. How is Waters' record and ERA in summer ball? :angry:

Well lets just face it, people from Soddy think that they are the only players and parents who can play softball, everyone else is just a scrub to them. So there is no point in anyone trying to say that someone is a good pitcher/player or whatever if they dont go to Soddy... because it is automatically obvious that anyone else just doesnt have the talent.  How is Waters' record and ERA in summer ball? B)

825640337[/snapback]

This message board is about HIGH SCHOOL SOFTBALL, not summer ball. Bottom line is that Rice got her clock cleaned by Soddy. If I were one of the seven behind her I would have asked for hazard pay with all those rockets coming off the Soddy bats. When was the last time Ooltewah beat Soddy?

This message board is about HIGH SCHOOL SOFTBALL, not summer ball.  Bottom line is that Rice got her clock cleaned by Soddy.  If I were one of the seven behind her I would have asked for hazard pay with all those rockets coming off the Soddy bats.  When was the last time Ooltewah beat Soddy?

825640500[/snapback]

Personally, I could care less which team won, I am just saying if you are going to bash everyones pitching...why dont you look at the hits off of Nikki Waters in summerball...I dont think she fans everyone like she does in high school. And if she was this awesome pitcher...then why does it matter if we talk about summer ball? A complete pitcher would do well in school or summer ball... So what is the big deal? Maybe Soddy did beat Ooltewah by a big number but why do you have to call out certain people? It is a team effort.. B)