Sweetwater?

mm61904

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I've heard right, and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, sweetwater is leading the state in combined yellow and red cards right now.

In a game I witnessed, the bivens guy got in a fistfight with a kid at halftime on the sideline.

Ref ignored it

Well, people need to get their facts straight before they start talking smack. The conditions were horrible. I honestly don't think the game should have been played yesterday. The rain would not stop. And you think Sweetwater has bad sportsmanship? I didn't think it was considered good sportsmanship for a defender for Boyd to run by the sidelines and call a fan (namely, me) a "fat b*tch". Gee, that speaks a whole lot for your program. And almost all of the cards during the Boyd game were questionable. But Sweetwater has a strong team and when they get all the kinks worked out, I wouldn't suprised to see them in Memphis at the end of May.

Go Wildcats!

Haha i'm a striker for Sweetwater along with Ryan Bivens...and I'm just going to clear everything up for everybody. Does anybody honestly think that Boyd would beat Sweetwater 7-0 with regular circumstances? Sweetwater is a fast paced and dribbling team..the storm that came through caused our field to have 2-3 inches of water on the whole field. When we passed the ball it just stopped and it was impossible to judge. I have no idea why the game wasn't cancelled but it wasn't so we had to play with what we had. Along side of the weather... one of the state's #1 scorers Ryan Bivens was injured and didnt play..our starting center mid hurt his knee..our stopper got a red card in the middle of the first half..and the officiating was like...totally insane...it may sound like excuses...but thats what happened...theres no way anyone can think Boyd could beat us 7-0 in a regular match...and if you do think so...we'll see what happens when we play them in a district game..hopefully everybody will be 100%...Boyd would give us a good match under regular circumstances...they always do..so there it is...

Edited by swtsoccer87

Haha i'm a striker for Sweetwater along with Ryan Bivens...and I'm just going to clear everything up for everybody. Does anybody honestly think that Boyd would beat Sweetwater 7-0 with regular circumstances? Sweetwater is a fast paced and dribbling team..the storm that came through caused our field to have 2-3 inches of water on the whole field. When we passed the ball it just stopped and it was impossible to judge. I have no idea why the game wasn't cancelled but it wasn't so we had to play with what we had. Along side of the weather... one of the state's #1 scorers Ryan Bivens was hurt with a shoulder injury..our starting center mid hurt his knee..our stopper got a red card in the middle of the first half..and the officiating was like...totally insane...it may sound like excuses...but thats what happened...theres no way anyone can think Boyd could beat us 7-0 in a regular match...and if you do think so...we'll see what happens when we play them in a district game..hopefully everybody will be 100%...Boyd would give us a good match under regular circumstances...they always do..so there it is...

825641713[/snapback]

I am sure there were a lot of hard circumstances, but you have to understand our amazement at a 7-0 loss. Field conditions were the same for both teams.

I'm not trying to tick Sweetwater off, it just doesn't happen often that top teams lose like that. Hopefully this is your one "off game" of the season. I would rather that happens now, than in playoffs. Hope you work the "kinks" out. Good luck.

I have one question for sweetwater players. Who is your daddy? And the answer to that is Boyd-Buchanan. It was not a fluke and you all just got straight up beat down. If yall were as good as you said u are then you would have at least given us a challenge. So stop complaining and accept the fact that you just flat out got beat.

Haha riiiiight...u won fair and square....good one.. I mean that makes perfect sense doesnt it .... an un-ranked mediocre team beating a #3 ranked good team 7-0 ... oh yeah that sounds totally logical.... just wait 'til district games..it's not even going to be close...obviously its going to be Sweetwater vs. Grace...i mean thats a given..so say what you want but you know perfectly well you'll be watchin the district and region championship from the sideline.....

As usual, lcsoccer has a great point. Boyd was undefeated--- just like Sweetwater--- going into this match. Rankings, this early, can be very deceptive and, if not handled correctly, they can be a negative to a highly ranked team because they make some players overconfident and their opponents more highly motivated. The weather was the same for both teams, the game was on Sweetwater's field and the events (injuries, cards, etc.) described happen to all teams. If it was a fluke, it will all come around. If it wasn't, Boyd sounds very very good.