What catcher has the strongest arm in East Tn

KYellowJckt

Ryan Qualls a freshmen from Polk County has a great arm when he is on.  I played with him in summer ball and he threw out almost 90% of the runners that stole on him.

Ive only saw him once this year at Central and he has a great arm hardly missing his target.

825642800[/snapback]

I find that hard to believe because I have seen the guy before.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldnt call it incredible because ive saw him play and he dont have it all.  He is good but he isnt as good as your describing him as.  His arm is ok but ive saw a freshmen or two with stronger arms than him and that can block up better than him.  Dont get me wrong he is good but he is no D-I prospect.

825643219[/snapback]

he is being looked at by a number of NAIA schools

Edited by roundtripper78

Ryan Qualls a freshmen from Polk County has a great arm when he is on.  I played with him in summer ball and he threw out almost 90% of the runners that stole on him.

Ive only saw him once this year at Central and he has a great arm hardly missing his target.

825642800[/snapback]

I think Lookout Valley had 6 or 7 steals against Polk.

I think Lookout Valley had 6 or 7 steals against Polk.

825643566[/snapback]

i was at the game seeing what all Polk had and if i can remember correctly they stole 3 times and 1 was a wild pitch behind the batter, the other was in the dirt that Qualls had to block up and the other they did steal on him.

But if you want to consider the 1st and 3rd sittuations that makes about 6 but from what i saw they were trying to pick the dude off at third and throwing one down to second to try to get the runner on third to go home or at least if i was a coach that is what i would have set up.

give the kid credit he hasnt had a passed ball this year and not to many people have stole on him.

i was at the game seeing what all Polk had and if i can remember correctly they stole 3 times and 1 was a wild pitch behind the batter, the other was in the dirt that Qualls had to block up and the other they did steal on him.

But if you want to consider the 1st and 3rd sittuations that makes about 6 but from what i saw they were trying to pick the dude off at third and throwing one down to second to try to get the runner on third to go home or at least if i was a coach that is what i would have set up.

give the kid credit he hasnt had a passed ball this year and not to many people have stole on him.

825644864[/snapback]

Ill give the kid the credit he deserves. He's a good catcher with a good arm. Viola!

Now back to the stats, I myself had 2 steals alone and i know of another kid that had 3 himself. The books don't lie.