Sub-State Results

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you both for the kind words but don't put anything in the book yet.  I'm sure the Glory will want this game for many reasons and their coaches and players will be working hard this week.  But I hope your predictions are correct....

The Wings team is definitely a force to be reckoned with and will give any of these teams a run for their money...

825650451[/snapback]

Tonight's game between the Glory and Memphis Elite is a classic example of why you play the game and why comparative scores can be very misleading. The 12u Glory defeated the Memphis Elite tonight to advance to Saturday's championship game. This was a very emotional game for parents, players, and coaches due to the split of the Waves players, with app. half on each of these teams. I hope now that this game is behind us that everyone can put these emotions behind them and focus on making both of these teams as strong as possible. No one who truly cares about these kids should fault them or their parents if they were unhappy with the situation last year and decided to try something different. While I understand it is natural for people to get their feeling's hurt or look for other reasons to explain it, as one of these parents I can testify it was nothing more than parents wanting what is best for their child and looking for a better basketball situation. Better is in the eye of the beholder, and while some may quantify it strictly by winning or losing, I believe it goes much deeper and is measured by the development of these girls skills and the enjoyment they get out of the experience. Let me be the first to congratulate the Glory for a well played game, and here's hoping we are there to join you in states to represent Memphis proudly.

Tonight's game between the Glory and Memphis Elite is a classic example of why you play the game and why comparative scores can be very misleading.  The 12u Glory defeated the Memphis Elite tonight to advance to Saturday's championship game.  This was a very emotional game for parents, players, and coaches due to the split of the Waves players, with app. half on each of these teams.  I hope now that this game is behind us that everyone can put these emotions behind them and focus on making both of these teams as strong as possible.  No one who truly cares about these kids should fault them or their parents if they were unhappy with the situation last year and decided to try something different.  While I understand it is natural for people to get their feeling's hurt or look for other reasons to explain it, as one of these parents I can testify it was nothing more than parents wanting what is best for their child and looking for a better basketball situation.  Better is in the eye of the beholder, and while some may quantify it strictly by winning or losing, I believe it goes much deeper and  is measured by the development of these girls skills and the enjoyment they get out of the experience.  Let me be the first to congratulate the Glory for a well played game, and here's hoping we are there to join you in states to represent Memphis proudly.

825655242[/snapback]

Very well stated! Good luck on advancing to "your" spot in State. Watch for the shooters from the wing (on the Wings). Then begin to prepare to fix the problems this team discovered during the heated battle. The real test is against KGC. Good Luck!

The COACH,

Waht does 'YOUR' spot in the state mean?

825655750[/snapback]

He was referencing to us, meaning the Elite, advancing to the state if we defeated the Wings. We did not do so, losing in a nail biter to an ever improving and well coached Wings team that we beat handily in Shelbyville. While we are disappointed in our results, our 12u Elite team will continue to work to improve and reach its potential. It is very encouraging to have a group of girls, coaches, and parents committed to the success of this team. Congratulations to the Wings and the Glory, and good luck in states.

Congrats to the Tennessee Wings on what I now hesitate to call an upset. I felt the Memphis Elite were the best out West in 12U, but apparently they are not or they just didn't have a great Sub-State. Regardless, I'm sure both the Memphis Glory and the Tennessee Wings will give the rest of the 12U State Tournament participants all they can handle and then some. Congrats, and good luck, to them both.

According to a report on the Trotters web site, KGC won 61-47.

Trotters then won in the loser's bracket.

825647794[/snapback]

I actully saw the pride vs trotters game very good game till the end and i think the trotters they didn't play as hard the second half. But their game against the raiders for the winner of the losers bracket was also a good game and they played hard till the end.

Does anyone know who the tall red-headed center/post player is for the 12u lady trotters? She's an awesome ball handler and outstanding player. i've watched her in several games and she's a great team player and i can't wait to see where she goes. thumb

Edited by bballmomma