1. Elizabethton

2. Tennessee High

3. Sullivan South

4. Sullivan Central

5. Sullivan North

6. Johnson Co

7. Sullivan East

8. Unicoi Co.

Elizabethton will have some younger players returning from last year so I look for them to win.

The top three picks should be correct seeing as they will have a game with DB. Elizabethton and Tennessee will play Science Hill ( I'm not sure if they have improved this year or not)

Sullivan Central is returning a lot of players and I look for them to have a little payback against Sullivan East for that 46-0 defeat last year considering they usually have a good track record against East as does South. (Ex: 1997, 0-9 Sullivan Central defeating 6-3 Sullivan East 24-21)

Picks 4-7 could go either way. I think Sullivan North can handle some of the teams. Unicoi will stay at the bottom like they normally do but they have been known to have a hard hitting defense even though the score never reflects it.

825644100[/snapback]

What I like about the Cyclones for '05 is that they have sevaral athletes and have some good linemen. Don't think you'll see any single "hero" in every game, but someone different playing the "hero" roles in each game. The wealth will be spread thru several players. The TEAM concept. :rolleyes: Opposing teams won't be able to key on one or two guys.

What I like about the Cyclones for '05 is that they have sevaral athletes and have some good linemen. Don't think you'll see any single "hero" in every game, but someone different playing the "hero" roles in each game. The wealth will be spread thru several players. The TEAM concept. :rolleyes:  Opposing teams won't be able to key on one or two guys.

825649152[/snapback]

Yeah I kept hearing a lot about Derek Nave last year

What I like about the Cyclones for '05 is that they have sevaral athletes and have some good linemen. Don't think you'll see any single "hero" in every game, but someone different playing the "hero" roles in each game. The wealth will be spread thru several players. The TEAM concept.  Opposing teams won't be able to key on one or two guys

ive heard the same thing about the cyclones, they have two qb's that can play and a lot of playmakers in the backfield and at the receiver position. they lost a lot of defense in derek nave but usually elizabethton can find athletes pretty easily. i hope the cyclones make a run to the state tournament this year. GOOD LUCK CYCLONES!

• 3 months later...
well tn high will stomp the toppers and i think central will give them all they want and more and show them why they stick with basketball. just because you are 5A doesnt mean you are better than everybody there are many 4A teams that would beat the toppers!

825719254[/snapback]

Call me crazy, but I believe Science Hill will be pretty good this year. Graham Clark saw them as a threat. Several starters are returning.

Our starting fullback is injured, hopefully he will be ready to go by week 1 or 2.

Call me crazy, but I believe Science Hill will be pretty good this year. Graham Clark saw them as a threat. Several starters are returning.

Our starting fullback is injured, hopefully he will be ready to go by week 1 or 2.

825719311[/snapback]

I agree Viking. Science Hill is shaping up to be a strong team. Probably better than what I had thought earlier.

Our fullback is down too. Looks like both of our FBs will be back for our little game together.

Believe me,Science Hill can play.I'm looking at them to go 1 or 2 in 5A depending on db.

As far as mountain lakes my picks go as follows.

1.South

2.Betsy

3.Tn High

4.Central

5.North

6.Johnson County

7.East

8.Unicoi

There are a bunch of what ifs in there,but those are my picks if everyone stays healthy.I've heard central is good but don't have much depth,if they get hit with the injury bug they might be hurting.I think South is stacked and their qb is a stud.I don't care if he's just a sophmore,there are times where it looks like he's the fastest and one of the strongest guys on the field.Not to mention he's smart and composed.I'm interested to see betsy play SH n tn high play SH i really think SH has the speed and toughness to beat both of those.The score looks like they did a number on central,but central one again was hit with the injury bug with a bunch of people going down.They had a bunch of cramps which I think might have something to do with them not having a locker room and being in the heat 2 hours before the game.Good luck to all teams this year thumb

1. North

2. Tennessee High

3. South

4. Elizabethton

Those are the playoff teams in from this confrence. I'll tell you why I put North at #1. I have grown up around everyone of the North starters and I've been playing football with everyone of them since i was in the 2nd grade until I was in the 9th grade (moved to nashville after that). I know what they are capable of. I know all of them and they have been waiting a long time to show what they really have and this is the year that they will suceed at that. Go get em Raiders!! thumb

Edited by HHShilltopper

Science Hill has BEATEN Tenn High 2 out of the last three years.

Science Hill has BEATEN Elizabethton 2 out the last three years.

2002 SHHS 28 Eliz 34   

2003 SHHS 9  Eliz 7

2004 SHHS 24 Eliz 19

2002 SHHS 36  TN 18

2003 SHHS 16  TN 0

2004 SHHS 14  TN 49

Don't stand a chance? LOL

825648698[/snapback]

WOW!!!!!!!!

Its a new year so get ready for then vikes comin to invade Spurrier Field