Big win for Zion.

snowman

Zion played a real good game today and earned the win over a mistake riddled MP team. Good job Zion. When will MP stop shooting themselves in the foot and when will the coach put his best 9 on the field. They have good players in the wrong spots. The season hit rock bottom today ,about 12 errors.

Zion played a real good game today and earned the win over a mistake riddled MP team.  Good job Zion.  When will MP stop shooting themselves in the foot and when will the coach put his best 9 on the field.  They have good players in the wrong spots. The season hit rock bottom today ,about 12 errors.

825645365[/snapback]

Don't you think the coach is putting the best 9 on the field. He works with the players each day do you not think he more than any would realize which 9 need to be out there. I don't know many coaches that work and put in the hours and then not put the players on the field in the position that he feels gives his team the best shot to win. Maybe this years team just lost too many good players from last year and folks need to let go of the past, quit sitting around complaining and do something positive to get this thing turned around.

Awesome job Zion! After last years games between us and Mt. Pleasant, it must feel great to get this big win. Wish I could have been there to experience it with you! Great job! A few more big wins like this and maybe other teams will start to realize that Zion really is a contender in this district, and will stop putting all the blame on other teams mistakes and realize that Zion is just getting better! Go Eagles!

Something positive would be put the best nine on the field, it should not matter if they are a freshman or a senior.  MP may have made more errors this year than in the last 10 yrs combined.

825646712[/snapback]

Well you griped about the football coach now you're griping about the baseball coach. Thats pretty typical. I can spot your type a mile off.

Edited by neutralobserver

N'observer have you seen MP play very much?  I'm not so hard headed my opinion can't be changed.  Whats your scouting report on the team I'm open to your thoughts.

825647728[/snapback]

They appear to be a team that's both young and inexperienced. Even the upperclassmen you have playing are playing prominent roles for the first time in their careers. I don't see much leadership from the players. Truth is the talent level is way down from years past as well. I think you could question the effort from time to time. The baseball team just came off the best year in school history and probably the best 3 or 4 year run in school history as well. This time was coming and we all knew it would. Obviously you would not think it would be as bad as it has but I still think this team has potential to make some noise in the district tournament. With all that being said the fence straddling so called supporters that hide in the shadows and blame every loss on the head coach only make things worse.

I agree. Too often, people won't just say, "we aren't the best team around, and we're probably not capable of dominating." I'm not downing Mount Pleasant at all, I'm just saying that they can't be expected to build off of last year or years past. People who are realistic get tired of hearing people try to make their team out to be the best around, but acting like something is holding them back. The truth is, at this point in the season, it's clear who the teams to beat are, and unless you are on the bottom of the district, Mt. Pleasant isn't one of them. It's not anyone's fault, it's just baseball....heck, it's just life.