Alcoa V Maryville

Soccer3

Maryville Doesn't or won't play Alcoa. I was wondering if anyone had a guess as to why. They don't even want to play as a scrimmage. I do understand that Maryville is regarded as better, but tstill. I have heard that Maqryville is afraid of the upset, bcause of past run ins. Maryville, what is your take on this. Why don't you all talk to your coach?

Maryville Doesn't or won't play Alcoa. I was wondering if anyone had a guess as to why. They don't even want to play as a scrimmage. I do understand that Maryville is regarded as better, but tstill. I have heard that Maqryville is afraid of the upset, bcause of past run ins. Maryville, what is your take on this. Why don't you all talk to your coach?

825647268[/snapback]

Did Alcoa try to schedule them? You understand that you only are allowed 15 games, so that leaves only 8 open spots (after districts). From a totally unbiased opinion, you have to choose your oponents carefully to prepare for tournament. There are teams that CAK has turned down, not because we are afraid to play them, but because we want to play other teams (like Farragut, Webb, Catholic, Oak Ridge, Maryville, etc.).

I personally don't care for all of the talk that Maryville has done on CoachT, but I wouldn't take them not playing you personally. They need to get ready for Farragut, Science Hill, and such.

I mean no offense, but I doubt there is any concern at Maryville about an upset by Alcoa. These two soccer programs simply are not comparable. There are a limited number of scrimmages and games that any team can play and Maryville is trying to catch up to Farragut and Bearden. The Rebels have a very challenging schedule, both within and outside of their district. There simply isn't room for Alcoa given the current states of the two programs. I really don't think this situation is a "dodge" even though the two schools are close together and competitive in other sports. Alcoa has fairly long way to go before it will be competitive with the Rebels in soccer.

Yes, very true. I agree with you totally and appreciatre the kind words. I do understand what you all are saying. Alcoa does have a long way to go, but the rivaslry is so deep. I would love a shot to play Maryville. Especially after all the tlk that goes on.

Their program is so much better, but Alcoa is gorwing with our new coach. He is expanding and has turned things around so quickly.