Brainerd High School

WARBOSS

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a real crazy world! Three coaches have turned this job down!  :lol:

825655834[/snapback]

I heard of two. As long as Hamilton County only allow 3 coaches, no good coach is coming into this system. Monroe age 62,took Ooltewah only becuase they are just so loaded. His problem is getting assistant coaches. Brainerd loaded they just need direction. Coach Lambert just lost his fire.But he was a class act. I heard an ex-NFL player is now in the mix.

Who did they offer the job to Thursday? I heard they didn't have any teaching slots, someone needs to come off with some info. I know of two quality coaches that have applied, one was called in for an interview and an hour later called back. There is something going on, must be strictly a minority job.

I heard of two. As long as Hamilton County only allow 3 coaches, no good coach is coming into this system. Monroe age 62,took Ooltewah only becuase they are just so loaded. His problem is getting assistant coaches. Brainerd loaded they just need direction. Coach Lambert just lost his fire.But he was a class act. I heard an ex-NFL player is now in the mix.

825655951[/snapback]

IT's a shame you have so many good athletes and the administration won't help them out. I have seen it in Atlanta where they take all these athletes, hire a great coach, and they win. It only takes someone who cares about the kids, cares about the facilities, and knows how to start a program and you have a powerhouse. Well, I guess Chattanooga will continue to struggle.

You may be right!

825656473[/snapback]

IT's a shame you have so many good athletes and the administration won't help them out.  I have seen it in Atlanta where they take all these athletes, hire a great coach, and they win.  It only takes someone who cares about the kids, cares about the facilities, and knows how to start a program and you have a powerhouse.  Well, I guess Chattanooga will continue to struggle.

825656569[/snapback]

I know of at least two qualified guys who have applied for this position both of which could do a great job but they were not given a call back because they are white. Why don't they just come out and say they are only interested in black coaches? Why ask a man to drive to an interview if they know in advance he has the wrong skin color for the job? Have they offered this job to any white or hispanic coach? I don't know?

Do yourself a favor and let someone come in and turn this thing around. There are at least two men I know of who want the job but know one is considering them. Don't be afraid to open this job up and let someone that is not of color get the job. If it doesn't work out then you haven't lost anything after all you've already been turned down by two coaches of color.

One more thing: you can't give the job to an ex-NFL player unless he is certified to teach in Tennessee or has been serving as a non faculty assistant coach in a school in Tennessee for at least five years. These are the state rules for head coaches. Maybe the people at Brainered need to read up on the rules before they offer the job to the guy?

I don't know why anyone would want this job but if the right person got in there they could be as good as Austin East or Stratford. You just need someone with vision and discipline to make it happen.

I know the one guy from Atlanta was offered the job, who was the other. I would be anxious to know who it is. It is going to be hard to find a solid minority for this position because it is too easy to go to Atlanta and make 80K year rather than 50 in Chatt. I hope they make a decisiion soon.

I know of at least two qualified guys who have applied for this position both of which could do a great job but they were not given a call back because they are white. Why don't they just come out and say they are only interested in black coaches? Why ask a man to drive to an interview if they know in advance he has the wrong skin color for the job? Have they offered this job to any white or hispanic coach? I don't know?

Do yourself a favor and let someone come in and turn this thing around. There are at least two men I know of who want the job but know one is considering them. Don't be afraid to open this job up and let someone that is not of color get the job. If it doesn't work out then you haven't lost anything after all you've already been turned down by two coaches of color.

One more thing: you can't give the job to an ex-NFL player unless he is certified to teach in Tennessee or has been serving as a non faculty assistant coach in a school in Tennessee for at least five years. These are the state rules for head coaches. Maybe the people at Brainered need to read up on the rules before they offer the job to the guy?

I don't know why anyone would want this job but if the right person got in there they could be as good as Austin East or Stratford. You just need someone with vision and discipline to make it happen.

825656620[/snapback]

First of all, there are coaches who are willing to come into Hamilton County and work hard to try and build a program just so they can have a head coaching job. I think one problem with the guys they are offering the job too is that they don't want to do the work it is going to take. It is obvious a lot of work will have to be done by the head coach (equipment, mowing, planning, organizing, discipline) and a lot of type guys they are offering the job too do not want to work for it. Please don't turn the into a race issue, its not about race, its about finding a guy who is willing to come into the worst system in Tennessee and work their tails off to win a few fb games.

First of all, there are coaches who are willing to come into Hamilton County and work hard to try and build a program just so they can have a head coaching job.  I think one problem with the guys they are offering the job too is that they don't want to do the work it is going to take.  It is obvious a lot of work will have to be done by the head coach (equipment, mowing, planning, organizing, discipline) and a lot of type guys they are offering the job too do not want to work for it.  Please don't turn the into a race issue, its not about race, its about finding a guy who is willing to come into the worst system in Tennessee and work their tails off to win a few fb games.

825657720[/snapback]

Good Post! Whoever takes this job will have to work hard to win but there is talent in the school and if the right man gets the job he can find success, but you are right, it will take a lot of hard work throughout the year!