BLEDSOE COUNTY BASEBALL....WHAT A DISGRACE?

Bledsoebtheboys

The talent is there for all of those programs. But the coaching is not ,except maybe for the girls basketball, volleyball, and softball. What makes these programs more successful than the boy's? Coaching. coaching, and more coaching. The boy's programs are not as dedicated to off season or inseason work. The coaches do try, but they are not the caliber that can raise a program from mediocre to contenders. There are alot more high schools in the state that have only half the students that atttend school at Bledsoe, but these programs are consistent winners 3 out of every four years. How can that be? Answer: Being satisfied with what you are and where your program is at and not willing to change it. As long as we keep our home grown coaches and keep it in the family nothing will ever change, and I would really hate to see that continue to happen.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The talent is there for all of those programs.  But the coaching is not ,except maybe for the girls basketball, volleyball, and softball.  What makes these programs more successful than the boy's?  Coaching. coaching, and more coaching.  The boy's programs are not as dedicated to off season or inseason work.  The coaches do try, but they are not the caliber that can raise a program from mediocre to contenders.  There are alot more high schools in the state that have only half the students that atttend school at Bledsoe, but these programs are consistent winners 3 out of every four years.  How can that be?  Answer: Being satisfied with what you are and where your program is at and not willing to change it.  As long as we keep our home grown coaches and keep it in the family nothing will ever change, and I would really hate to see that continue to happen.

825651360[/snapback]

HOW MANY STUDENTS YOU THINK GOES TO BLEDSOE?????????

TSSAA TOLD THE COACHES THAT IF THEY WERE BELOW 500 STUDENTS, THEY WOULD BE MOVED TO SINGLE A.......INSTEAD WERE NOT AND NOW SCHOOLS LIKE NOTRE DAME, BOYD BUCHANON, CHATTANOOGA CHRISTIAN, AND I THINK THERE SOME OTHER SCHOOLS ARE MOVING UP TO 2A NEXT YEAR......

825651389[/snapback]

They are not playing those teams this year and they are still losing. Even if you get 1 or 2 private schools in your district that still has nothing to do with losing 15- 20 games a year.

ONE QUESTION ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT BASEBALL OR WHAT?????????

825651395[/snapback]

all of them, but baseball is the biggest disappointment. There is no quality feeder program for this school. The outside leagues are all about coaches who just worry about picking the best kids and see how many runs they can score.

all of them, but baseball is the biggest disappointment.  There is no quality feeder program for this school.  The outside leagues are all about coaches who just worry about picking the best kids and see how many runs they can score.

825651405[/snapback]

THE VOLLEYBALL TEAM HAS FINISHED SECOND IN THE DISTRICT LAST 3 YEARS AND YOUR TELLING ME THATS NOT GOOD........GIVE ME A BREAK.....THE SOFTBALL TEAM HAS FINISHED 2ND OR 3RD IN THE DISTRICT THE 5 OR 6 YEARS AND WANNA TELL ME THATS NOT GOOD.....THE GIRLS BASKETBALL TEAM LAST YEAR FINISHED FIRST IN THE REGULAR SEASON DISTRICT AND SECOND IN THE TOURNAMENT AND THEN WON ONE REGION GAME......... THE BLEDSOE MIDDLE SCHOOL BASEBALL TEAM HAS LOST ONE OR TWO GAMES AND HAS WON 8 OR 9 AND YOU TELL ME THERE'S NOT A "QUALITY FEEDER PROGRAM"......NEED TO GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT........ thumb

THE VOLLEYBALL TEAM HAS FINISHED SECOND IN THE DISTRICT LAST 3 YEARS AND YOUR TELLING ME THATS NOT GOOD........GIVE ME A BREAK.....THE SOFTBALL TEAM HAS FINISHED 2ND OR 3RD IN THE DISTRICT THE 5 OR 6 YEARS AND WANNA TELL ME THATS NOT GOOD.....THE GIRLS BASKETBALL TEAM LAST YEAR FINISHED FIRST IN THE REGULAR SEASON DISTRICT AND SECOND IN THE TOURNAMENT AND THEN WON ONE REGION GAME......... THE BLEDSOE MIDDLE SCHOOL BASEBALL TEAM HAS LOST ONE OR TWO GAMES AND HAS WON 8 OR 9 AND YOU TELL ME THERE'S NOT A "QUALITY FEEDER PROGRAM"......NEED TO GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT........ thumb

825651420[/snapback]

READ MY EARLIER POST!! I will type this real slow so you can read it. I said the girls programs were good, the mention of the feeder program was directed at the rec teams not the middle school, and if the middle school is turning out these great teams what is happening to them at the high school? You are the one that started this thread trashing your own school, i happen to agree with what you are saying and then you get argumentative with me?

READ MY EARLIER POST!! I will type this real slow so you can read it.  I said the girls programs were good, the mention of the feeder program was directed at the rec teams not the middle school, and if the middle school is turning out these great teams what is happening to them at the high school? You are the one that started this thread trashing your own school, i happen to agree with what you are saying and then you get argumentative with me?

825651431[/snapback]

I WAS TALKING ABOUT FOOTBALL AND BASEBALL.........YOU SAID ALL MEN'S PROGRAMS.......THE COACHING IS THE PROBLEM WITH THE BASEBALL TEAM....YOU CAN'T TAKE A FULL YEAR OFF AND NOT PLAY ANY KIND OF SUMMER BALL OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT........AND EXPECT TO WIN A GAME AND FINDING A COACH THE NIGHT BEFORE YOUR FIRST BASEBALL GAME DOESN'T HELP ANY....