Detroit Lions

Well mark it down, the Detroit Lions have selected a WR in the 1st round. Now the Lions have Roy Williams, Mike Williams, Charles Rogers, Az Hakim, Kevin Johnson and Marcus Pollard. At running back they have Kevin Jones and Shawn Bryson. So Joey Harrington has no excuse now up in Detroit. If all there players stay healthy and they improve on defense throughout the rest of the draft this team could be a playoff team in 2005.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldnt called them stacked...Rogers is still hurt and is yet to prove himself in the NFL...Mike Williams hasnt played a game in a year and a half...they still have no offensive line to protect Joey Harrington to get the "stacked" WR's the ball...The Lions will continue to stink again this year

825655424[/snapback]

Give me a team in the NFL that is 5 deep that is now better than Detroit at WR. There isn't a team, they have the luxury now if one of those guys go down then they don't have to scramble around an find a replacement. O-line is a queston for them but they will address those issues in the draft.

Give me a team in the NFL that is 5 deep that is now better than Detroit at WR. There isn't a team, they have the luxury now if one of those guys go down then they don't have to scramble around an find a replacement. O-line is a queston for them but they will address those issues in the draft.

825655437[/snapback]

Could you imagine Peyton having those 5 to throw the ball to?

825655437[/snapback]

you are so right. the trio of Rogers and Roy and Mike Williams is simply amazing. all 3 are the complete package and could all be pro-bowlers real soon. the addition of Pollard this offseason was big for them too. Joey Harrington has gotta be drooling over this right now, all he has to do is throw the ball up and somebody will go get it. will all those guys and Kevin Jones in the backfield....Harrington has gotta put up some nice number next year or he never will. i think this trio is right up there with Peyton's big three.

Guest catfish-hunter

They won't have Az Hakim because he just got released. He would have been the #5 reciever anyway and the Lions already have a great kick return man in Eddie Drummond.

Guest catfish-hunter
Maybe the Cowboys can pick up Az Hakim? thumb

825658101[/snapback]

Lord knows that the Boys just got even better defensively by adding Pro Bowl cornerback Aaron Glenn.

Oakland's WR Corps is far better than the Lions, in my opinion.

Moss is without question the best receiver in the NFL today, Joey Porter has blazing speed and is one of the best young studs, and oh I'd say Ronald Curry turned out alright last year, wouldn't you?

Oakland's WR Corps is far better than the Lions, in my opinion.

Moss is without question the best receiver in the NFL today, Joey Porter has blazing speed and is one of the best young studs, and oh I'd say Ronald Curry turned out alright last year, wouldn't you?

825662985[/snapback]

Avery good group of guys, but I dont think you will be saying that here in the next year or two after the Lions big three have proven how good they are going to be! That is if Harrington can get them the ball?