McMinn Vs. Cumberland Co. Surprising

cherokee#1fan

:lol: McMinn played Cumberland Co. to the wire yesterday and didn't play to bad. This McMinn team is young and has had a tough year but they don't quit ever. Today at McMinn if the Lady Cherokees can catch some breaks then they might have the upset of the year. Brittany Fox had a great game pitching with 7 strike outs. Let's go Lady Cherokees!!!!!! :D

The game last night was never in question, hardly to the wire. McMinn was never a threat to put 2 hits together.

CCHS is in a hitting slump, no doubt (check their record). But their defense remains strong. (Again check their record.)

If McMinn is going to climb out of the cellar in District 5AAA, they must make a commitment to hitting and take the game to the opposition rather than hoping to "catch a break". You cannot ride a fair pitcher and let everything else go. And it is not a coaching issue, it's a player issue. Taking responsibility for your batting average and working to improve it will have a large impact on those that were just waving at the plate last night. Successful hitting is a matter of courage, taking responsibility, and having an approach when you get to the plate, not hoping to catch a break.

Every player in the line-up has an equal oppotunity to score. Team sport - but individual responsibility to perfrom.

:D That is true deadeye but when you are having such a dismall year you will take any breaks that you can get in a game. I think that McMinn is just a couple of good athletes away from climbing out of the cellar. I talked to you last year about McMinn under another name (Tribeball). You know your stuff I just wish that McMinn Co. in general had the feeder programs that Cumberland, Bradley and Cleveland have. We have a couple of younger teams that play during the summer but our young leagues play slow pitch. It just kills me. Coach Skidmore is going to try and get that changed. Thanks for your input though.

:( McMinn played Cumberland Co. to the wire yesterday and didn't play to bad.  This McMinn team is young and has had a tough year but they don't quit ever.  Today at McMinn if the Lady Cherokees can catch some breaks then they might have the upset of the year.  Brittany Fox had a great game pitching with 7 strike outs.  Let's go Lady Cherokees!!!!!! :(

825659869[/snapback]

What was the score of this game???????

The Lady Jets are back to being themselves beating McMinn Co. 14-0 after 6 innings tonight in McMinn. Cumberland's Sophmore pitcher Lauren Brown pitched a no-hitter allowing only one Lady Cherokee on base after walking her in the 6th inning. Almost ANOTHER perfect game in the district. Great Job Ladies!!! Keep It UP!! thumb

undefined YOU are right it is a team not one player named Fox she walked some in your game right and hit some and walked them at the home game . I think that was what i was told.

The game last night was never in question, hardly to the wire.  McMinn was never a threat to put 2 hits together.

CCHS is in a hitting slump, no doubt (check their record).  But their defense remains strong.  (Again check their record.)

If McMinn is going to climb out of the cellar in District 5AAA, they must make a commitment to hitting and take the game to the opposition rather than hoping to "catch a break".  You cannot ride a fair pitcher and let everything else go.  And it is not a coaching issue, it's a player issue.  Taking responsibility for your batting average and working to improve it will have a large impact on those that were just waving at the plate last night.  Successful hitting is a matter of courage, taking responsibility, and having an approach when you get to the plate, not hoping to catch a break.

Every player in the line-up has an equal oppotunity to score.  Team sport - but individual responsibility to perfrom.

825660093[/snapback]