Kenwood Classic

kenwoodrun

Copying my post from Dyestat:

Chilly and windy, but good competition and another smooth meet. Finished the whole thing before 5, we were cooking. I'm sorry the Knox kid didn't get to throw too, but I understand things happen. Also wish Daniel Jones hadn't been hurting. But track isn't always the marquee names...we had a great team battle that was totally turned upside down (all three trophies) by the 4x4. And some great down to the wire finishes. Thanks to everybody who came out, it was an enjoyable day. There's some good kids out there I'd never seen run. The boys sprinter from Page is the real deal. The girls hurdler from Millington...very good. I knew Denise Bargachi was good, but I didn't realize she was that much of a monster. Anyway, results and congrats to McGavock and B.A. on their team titles (team champs pix at link below)

http://webpages.charter.net/luke.finley/classic05res.htm

Edited by kenwoodrun

Chilly and windy, but good competition and another smooth meet. Finished the whole thing before 5, we were cooking. I'm sorry the Knox kid didn't get to throw too, but I understand things happen. Also wish Daniel Jones hadn't been hurting. But track isn't always the marquee names...we had a great team battle that was totally turned upside down (all three trophies) by the 4x4. And some great down to the wire finishes. Thanks to everybody who came out, it was an enjoyable day. There's some good kids out there I'd never seen run. The boys sprinter from Page is the real deal. The girls hurdler from Millington...very good. I knew Denise Bargachi was good, but I didn't realize she was that much of a monster. Anyway, results and congrats to McGavock and B.A. on their team titles (team champs pix at link below)

825662097[/snapback]

/quote]

Good showing for the BA men condidering the absence of their

distance runners (Bumbalough, Mockmore & Newton). Congrats

to the BA women on their victory

Edited by jek

825662097[/snapback]

/quote]

Good showing for the BA men condidering the absence of their

distance runners (Bumbalough, Mockmore & Newton). Congrats

to the BA women on their victory

825662192[/snapback]

The Eagles were not running a full strength team for this meet in many areas, (sprints and distance in particular) but for the most part, the guys who competed did well. Did Ty Ford withdraw from the 200 finals, or was it a DQ, or what?

The Eagles were not running a full strength team for this meet in many areas, (sprints and distance in particular) but for the most part, the guys who competed did well.  Did Ty Ford withdraw from the 200 finals, or was it a DQ, or what?

825662505[/snapback]

According to my son, he was having some hamstring tightness and elected

not to run in the final.

• 2 weeks later...